It’s that time of year again when Queen Mary Students’ Union is looking for enthusiastic volunteers to help us run Freshers’ Week 2011. The Freshers’ Crew are a team of 100 students who are vital in making Freshers’ Week one to remember for all involved.
What is Freshers’ Crew?
The Crew provide the main contact with the Freshers’, including:
· Being visible around campus to provide information and to answer any queries during Freshers’ Week
· Helping Freshers’ move-in to halls
· Assisting at Freshers’ events
· Setting up the Freshers’ Fair
· And most importantly, making each and every new student at Queen Mary FEEL WELCOME!
What are the benefits?
The more shifts you do, the more you get! Dependant on hours volunteered, rewards include:
· Limited edition QMSU stash and goodies, including clothing
· Free food and drink vouchers when volunteering
· Free entry to selected Students’ Union Freshers’ nights
· Free NUS card
· Training and CV building
· Ongoing volunteering opportunities within the Students’ Union
· Meeting new people and having fun!
Who can apply?
Anybody! As long as you are a returning student at Queen Mary in September 2011.
To be considered for Freshers’ Crew, you will need to be available for:
· A training day on Wednesday 14th September
· Shifts on Saturday 17th and Sunday 18th September
· A further minimum of 3 shifts throughout Freshers’ Week, from Saturday 17th September to Friday 23rd September 2011.
The deadline for applications is 5pm on Friday 2nd September.
Make this year’s Freshers’ one to remember!
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com