QMUL runs a joint programme with Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications (BUPT) including BSc(Eng) Telecommunications Engineering with Management, BSc(Eng) e-Commerce Engineering with Law, BSc(Eng) Internet of Things Engineering. These courses are taught in English at BUPT.
Between the 13th – 17th February 2017 24 Joint Programme students will be visiting QMUL. QMSU is co-hosting this visit and is looking for 24 QMUL students to act as 'hosts' for the visiting BUPT students. We are advertising this to all Course Reps, and principal officers of Clubs, Societies and Volunteering groups.
Hosts will accompany the visitors on a number of educational and cultural visits (e.g. London Eye, River Boat trip, museums and art galleries) invite a visitor to attend one of their own lectures, share a meal and generally provide an insight into the student experience at QMUL.
The role of host is unpaid, but all expenses will be paid for. If you are interested in taking part in this exciting opportunity you should contact Sophia MacBlain firstname.lastname@example.org giving your full name, subject and year of study, contact details and a 200 word statement on ‘why you would make the perfect host’.
Short-listed applicants will be invited to attend an interview after which the final choices will be made.
Important: Hosts should be 2nd or 3rd year undergraduate students from either SE or HSS. They should have excellent spoken English, be friendly and outgoing and be available during the week of 13th – 17th February 2017.
Successful applicants will be required to:
- Participate in a video conference with the visiting students.
- Maintain contact with the visitors via social media between then and the visit.
- Attend a cultural awareness training session in advance of the visit.
- Create a video diary of the visit to share with other QMSU students after the visit (training and equipment will be provided).
- This is an exciting opportunity to take part in a genuine cultural exchange and to make friends who could last a lifetime.