VOTE ZOE FOR LGBT+ REP
For an open and inclusive university!
I am friendly, open and honest!
I am committed and passionate about making life at BL better for all our students.
I am also treasurer for Barts LGBT+ Society, current year 2 course representative and am on various committees including Sustain@BL.
What will you get?
Make the Wellbeing and Support for LGBT+ Students a Priority
- I will add LGBT specific support resources on the Barts and the London website.
- Fresher’s packs to include the rainbow lanyards and LGBT+ specific advice, support and information sources.
A curriculum that teaches students about LGBT+ issues
- I will work with the teaching staff to create learning objectives that include teaching about gender, sexuality and how to be inclusive when talking to patients.
Pride week and LGBT+ History month
- I will continue the successful Pride week events and collaborate with QM to ensure there are no clashes between QM and BL events.
- Extend our Pride week events to include LGBT+ History month events.
An Intersectional LGBT+ Community at BL
- I will work with the BME Rep, Women’s Rep and Cross campus Trans Rep to create inclusive events for LGBT+ students of all backgrounds.
YOUR VOICE MATTERS
I commit to a monthly drop-in session to give you the opportunity to come and chat about any issues you’ve faced at university or just grab a coffee!