Plain Text Manifesto
Vote Charlotte Edgar for QMSU Commercial Services Officer
- I am studying an MSc in Preventative Medicine – Mental Health and the Creative Arts at Barts and the London.
- Queen Mary School of English and Drama Alumni.
- I have almost two years experience working for the SU and I am a supervisor for QMSU Café’s.
- I have attended all of the Commercial Services Meetings 2019-Present so know what issues are discussed and what needs further campaigning!
- REDUCING WAITING TIMES AT GROUND: Although I am staff, I am first and foremost a student! I know how frustrating the queues at Ground can be at lunchtime, especially if you just want a drink! I pledge to implement systems that will reduce waiting times. I will do this by providing different ordering and payment systems, such as a portable tablet for staff to use. This will create more efficient queuing. I shall also look into creating more space for more panini grills.
- BETTER COMMUNICATION: Approaching venue managers/supervisors may be daunting or not appropriate at times. I therefore wish to introduce an anonymous forum for all staff to submit their requests/feedback. These would then be discussed at the monthly Commercial Services Meeting. Staff meetings with managers present once a semester would also assist better communication networks.
- LISTENING TO YOU: From asking you, the customer, what you want to see implemented across campus, I shall work towards keeping prices down in the cafés and the Clubs, securing better meal deals, and getting rid of the £2 minimum card spend in the Union Shop. From asking fellow staff, maintaining wages, paid staff training and pushing for future pay rises and incentives is extremely important to me.
- GOING GREEN AND ENSURING SUSTAINABILITY: I pledge to reduce plastic waste by phasing out plastic water bottles and introducing reusable cups in Drapers. A huge problem is the amount of wastage each evening that gets thrown away. I wish to introduce a system that is utilised throughout campus that donates leftover products to local homeless shelters and food banks – there is a form of this already happening in the Village Shop, so it is possible!
- BETTER AFFORDABLE OPTIONS FOR STUDENTS WITH DIETRY REQUIREMENTS: As someone with a dairy allergy, I understand how difficult it is to find options in the Café’s and Shops! I pledge to increase gluten-free and dairy-free options throughout campus that are affordable. I shall also continue to push for more vegan options – including vegan snacks, pastries and hot food!