Plain Text Manifesto
Who am I?
I am a third year International Student of Politics and International Relations. I have been involved in the SU since my first year in this university. I was elected to be the International Welfare rep for the year 2018-2019. I have also served as the president of International society from 2018-2019. Outside of campus, I have represented my community on several platforms and have worked for the welfare on under privileged kids.
- Better reception services in the halls including parcel collection and implantation of security guards past mid night
- Better and cheaper meals at the mess, more halal, vegan and vegetarian food options
- Broadened student representation in the SU by making a post of hall reps
- Making all SU outlets including Drapers
the curve a plastic free zone.
- A drive to keep both campuses environment friendly
- Strict rules about smoking around
the campuses except the smoking zones
- Exercises for students who want to quit smoking
- Emergency first aid services in every hall's reception
- Efficient on-campus GP appointments
- Stress relieving exercises
- Creation of a student body that listens to personal issues of the students, trained by mental health professionals
- Free STI testing for students at least once a semester
- Daily Activities on stress relieving, anger management and anxiety
- Sex-Ed classes for all international students
- Weekly activities for each hall designed by the hall reps
to form a bond between hall fellows
- Compulsory meeting with mental health advisor every month for first years