An Evening With…’ is an exciting new employability project for 2017/18. On six different evenings throughout the year, we will be inviting a panel Students’ Union alumni to talk about life since graduation and how they managed to secure their jobs in a variety of interesting sectors. Each of them will have been involved with the Students’ Union when they were studying and will be able to offer advice and expertise about how to capitalise on QMSU opportunities.
The events will be informal and there be plenty of chances for you to ask questions to people who have been in your shoes!
- How did you conquer the anxiety of post-University life?
- What was your very first job after University?
- How many interviews did you go to before you got a job?
- Did you find it hard to afford the London lifestyle?
- How did the skills you developed in the Union help you secure a job?
- Have your ambitions changed since leaving University?
There will also be an opportunity to network afterwards while enjoying some free refreshments. Our first event will take place on the 4th October and we have invited four students who were actively involved in Student Media at QMSU, from CUB editors, contributors for The Print, to co-founders of QUEST radio.
Come along and hear stories from people who remember what it’s like to be a student. It’s never too early to think about life after QMUL, and while it can be scary, it can also be fun!
Wednesday 4th October
Meet former QMUL students who were involved in Student Media at QMSU, from CUB editors, contributors for The Print, to co-founders of QUEST radio