An Evening With…’ is an exciting new employability project for 2018/19. On six different evenings throughout the year, we will be inviting a panel Students’ Union alumni to talk about life since graduation and how they managed to secure their jobs in a variety of interesting sectors. Each of them will have been involved with the Students’ Union when they were studying and will be able to offer advice and expertise about how to capitalise on Students' Union opportunities.
The events will be informal and there be plenty of chances for you to ask questions to people who have been in your shoes!
- How did you conquer the anxiety of post-University life?
- What was your very first job after University?
- How many interviews did you go to before you got a job?
- Did you find it hard to afford the London lifestyle?
- How did the skills you developed in the Students' Union help you secure a job?
- Have your ambitions changed since leaving University?
There will also be an opportunity to network afterwards while enjoying some free refreshments.
Come along and hear stories from people who remember what it’s like to be a student. It’s never too early to think about life after QMUL, and while it can be scary, it can also be fun!