Welcome to Queen Mary Angels! We are a competitive cheerleading club made up of students from both Barts and Queen Mary. Cheerleading at University is a great way to meet people and get fit, as well as discovering your passion for a new sport. There is something for everyone, as cheerleading involves tumbling (gymnastics), dancing, jumps, and stunting (lifting and throwing people above your head!). It is an exciting, athletic, and fast reflex sport. Cheerleading teams compete directly against each other, (not cheering for other sports teams!). Check out our showreel for what we do!
Our taster sessions are aimed at being as inclusive as possible. We will introduce you to the basics of cheerleading and have you actively performing some skills to get a feel for the sport.
You will need to wear comfortable and athletic clothes to our taster sessions.
We don’t hold tryouts: all committed athletes, regardless of skill level, are allowed to compete on one or more of our teams.
In previous years we have competed at Future Cheer University Nationals, Legacy Regionals and Nationals, British Cheerleading Association Nationals and University Nationals, International Cheerleading Coalition University Nationals.
In the past couple of years our Elite Team has competed in the European Championships.
How to get involved
1. Join the Facebook group or follow us on Instagram and get in contact with the club committee members.
2. Attend the taster session - this first session is free!
3. Purchase your subs - at the Hub (Mile End), BLSA reception (Whitechapel) or online.
4. Enjoy! Take part in the training sessions, and compete in competitions.
QMSU offers a gym on the Mile End campus, Qmotion, as well as a sister-gym in Charterhouse Square, Fitness to Practice, both with competitive student membership rates. This is ideal for students who want to purchase a gym membership - which is separate from a Club Sport subs - to improve and maintain peak physical fitness.
With every gym membership, you get a free 60 minute one-to-one session with trained instructors which includes:
- A personalised gym programme tailored to your own fitness goals;
- A full demonstration of exercise and techniques, and guidance on resistance machines;
- Information and advice on nutrition;
- A 60 minute review session every 6-8 weeks to re-evaluate and re-customise a new programme to avoid plateaus.
President: Eliya Ojji (firstname.lastname@example.org) Responsible for ensuring the club runs smoothly and succeeds in all possible areas.
Vice President - Alice Boninsegni
Advanced/Elite Captain - Kamila Nichtova
Fresher Captain - Trudy Kovelar
General Secretary - Chloe Kopecek
Treasurer - Ines Tollon
Welfare Officers - Evy Quinn and Pilar Thorley
Social Secretaries - Jack Favero and Hannah Lawrence
Follow us on Social Media
Watch our 2017 Europeans routine here