QMRAC aim to deliver a friendly group of likeminded people with whom to train and socialise – Running doesn’t have to be a solitary pursuit! Join us on group runs for all abilities or at Interval training at the track on Thursdays. Our main focus is distance running although this may be expanded upon in the future. We will compete in the LCL cross country league regularly and will also attend the LUCA indoors series for track events. We also hope to organise a bunch of socials throughout the year.
- Track sessions with a mixture of interval, long, middle, and short distance running at Mile End Track every Thursday at 7:30pm
- Morning runs every Tuesday at 7:30am – choose to join for 5K or 10K
Athletics & Running
Athletics offers a wide range of different activities, something that we are not able to directly support as a committee so we have teamed up with Victoria Park Harriers Athletics Club to help with demand for your training and competition’s needs. Details of this offer are below:
The sessions are as follows (coaches in brackets):
- All age groups, Sprints, Hurdles and Middle Distance: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5pm, Saturdays from 10:30am (Alf Vickers/Pato Bangura/Cornelia Abi-Minale).
- Seniors (17 and over), Sprints and Hurdles: Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 6 pm, Saturdays from 9 am (Chris Zah).
- Seniors (17 and over), Middle- and Long-distance: Tuesdays from 7:15pm, other training by arrangement (Peter McHugh).
- All age groups, Long- and Triple-jump: Saturdays from 10am and Sundays from 11am, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7pm by arrangement (Kelvin Richards).
- All age groups, Pole Vault: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6pm [SPRING AND SUMMER ONLY], winter coaching by arrangement (Terry Adams).
- All age groups, Throws: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5pm (Tracey Quartey) and 6:30pm (Charlotte Nicholls).
- All age groups, Javelin: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7pm (Hao Ran).
- Students under 21 can access all of the above sessions for an annual membership of £40 (in addition to your QM Running and Athletics Club membership).
- Students over 21 are recommended to pay for 3 month memberships (£26.95) or 1 month memberships (£16) at Mile End Running Track.
- Alternatively students can pay per session (£3.25).
- All of the above membership options can be paid at the Mile End Running Track reception.
- We aim to offer competition of all levels to our members. If there is something we are not offering and you would like help with, please just contact us.
- BUCS Indoor, Outdoor Athletics, Cross Country, LUCA, LCL, LUCA Indoor and Merger Cup can all be done through the club.
- For those of you wanting to compete for the university in BUCS competitions please email our Sports Administrator (su-sportsadministrator@Qmul.ac.uk) and she will run through your options.
How to get Involved
- Like the Facebook page and get in contact with the club committee members.
- Attend the taster session - this first session is free!
- Purchase your subs - at the Hub (Mile End), BLSA reception (Whitechapel) or online.
- Take part in the sessions and enjoy!
QMSU offers a gym on the Mile End campus, Qmotion, as well as a sister-gym in Charterhouse Square, Fitness to Practice, both with competitive student membership rates. This is ideal for students who want to purchase a gym membership - which is separate from a Club Sport subs - to improve and maintain peak physical fitness.
With every gym membership, you get a free 60 minute one-to-one session with trained instructors which includes:
- A personalised gym programme tailored to your own fitness goals;
- A full demonstration of exercise and techniques, and guidance on resistance machines;
- Information and advice on nutrition;
- A 60 minute review session every 6-8 weeks to re-evaluate and re-customise a new programme to avoid plateaus.
President - Matthew Jones President/Captain (email@example.com)
Social Secretary - Lilla Gombos (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Treasurer - Laura Porta (email@example.com)
T-shirts & Jerseys
Buy your T-shirt here.
Buy your Jersey here.