We teach karate, ju-jitsu, self-defence, weapons, grappling and kickboxing, all as a wide-ranged 6 in 1 curriculum. We focus on developing strength, speed, accuracy, flexibility discipline and many more attributes for your overall improvement.
Whether you would like to learn a new important skill, get fit, or meet new people this is the club for you!
Friday 29th September 2017, 18:30-20:30.
Please wear loose clothing - jogging bottoms or shorts and a t-shirt will do, a water bottle and don’t forget your enthusiasm! If you cannot attend this session, feel free to come to any other session during the year as your taster.
Fridays, 6:30pm - 8:30pm in the Active Studio upstairs in Qmotion at the Mile End campus. Feel free to attend any session as a free taster.
Please wear loose clothing - jogging bottoms or shorts and a t-shirt will do, a water bottle and don’t forget your enthusiasm.
Equipment: You do not need to bring any equipment, however if you do have some sparring mitts or other equipment you are welcome to bring them. We will provide a majority of the required equipment.
How to get Involved:
- Like the Facebook page and get in contact with the club committee members.
- Attend the taster session - this first session is free!
- Purchase your subs - at the Hub (Mile End), BLSA reception (Whitechapel) or online.
- Enjoy! Take part in the sessions, and compete in the matches.
QMSU offers a gym on the Mile End campus, Qmotion, as well as a sister-gym in Charterhouse Square, Fitness to Practice, both with competitive student membership rates. This is ideal for students who want to purchase a gym membership - which is separate from a Club Sport subs - to improve and maintain peak physical fitness.
With every gym membership, you get a free 60 minute one-to-one session with trained instructors which includes:
- A personalised gym programme tailored to your own fitness goals;
- A full demonstration of exercise and techniques, and guidance on resistance machines;
- Information and advice on nutrition;
- A 60 minute review session every 6-8 weeks to re-evaluate and re-customise a new programme to avoid plateaus.