The Cricket Club is historically one of the most successful sports teams at Barts and the London, with regular cup successes, but more importantly it is a friendly club welcoming of all people interested in cricket, regardless of experience, gender, or ability (indeed we have several players who never played before university now leading the first team). We play many fixtures during the summer season ranging from the hotly contested UH cup matches to pleasant afternoon friendlies with the second team. Please come along to one of our training sessions, no kit required.
For more information join the Facebook group or contact any of the current members.
Please join the Facebook group for up to date information about taster sessions.
All abilities are welcome and kit will be provided if necessary.
Equipment: Kit can provided if necessary. We always have plenty to share around, although if you have your own that’s great. Just bring sports t-shirt and short / track suit pants and trainers for indoor winter nets.
Commitment levels: Attendance at training forms a key part of team selection.
BL Cricket compete in BUCS, UH Cup, UH 20/20 tournament, Merger Cup.
Cricket matches usually begin in April. Our home cricket ground is: Chislehurst Sports Ground
QMSU Cricket League - Thursdays in Qmotion
How to get involved
1. Join the Facebook group and get in contact with the club committee members.
2. Attend the taster session - this first session is free!
3. Purchase your subs - at the Hub (Mile End), BLSA reception (Whitechapel) or online.
4. Enjoy! Attend the training sessions and compete in the matches.
QMSU offers a gym on the Mile End campus, Qmotion, as well as a sister-gym in Charterhouse Square, Fitness to Practice, both with competitive student membership rates. This is ideal for students who want to purchase a gym membership - which is separate from a Club Sport subs - to improve and maintain peak physical fitness.
With every gym membership, you get a free 60 minute one-to-one session with trained instructors which includes:
- A personalised gym programme tailored to your own fitness goals;
- A full demonstration of exercise and techniques, and guidance on resistance machines;
- Information and advice on nutrition;
- A 60 minute review session every 6-8 weeks to re-evaluate and re-customise a new programme to avoid plateaus.
President - Kishen Rowan (email@example.com)
1st Team Captain - Rahul Bajaria (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Treasurer - Khalil Niazi (email@example.com)
Secretary - Prab Bhamidipati (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Social Secretary - Josh & Jay