St. Bartholomew’s and the Royal London Lawn Tennis Club is a historic tennis club, dating back to the early 1900s and is a member of the elite United Hospitals Tennis Association, which holds the second oldest tennis tournament in the world, the UH Cup, preceded only by the All England Championship at Wimbledon. The tennis club is rich in tradition and provides competitive and social tennis to members of all abilities, along with a thriving social scene. Everyone is welcome. We have Men’s, Women’s, and Mixed Double’s 1st teams playing in BUCS and UH. Being part of the club gives you access to exclusive opportunities such as playing at Wimbledon and Queen’s Club, along with other annual events such as AGM and International tour.
The first social event is the Fresher’s Fayre and Curry, both on the 18th of September.
Social tennis takes place at Bethnal Green Tennis courts at 14:00-16:00 every Wednesday.
Social events are held on Wednesday evenings.
BUCS (both men and women teams).
United Hospitals (men, women, and mixed teams)
QMSU Tennis League
How to get involved
1. Join the Facebook group and get in contact with the club committee members.
2. Attend the taster session - this first session is free!
3. Purchase your subs - at the Hub (Mile End), BLSA reception (Whitechapel) or online.
4. Enjoy! Attend the training sessions and take part in the matches.
QMSU offers a gym on the Mile End campus, Qmotion, as well as a sister-gym in Charterhouse Square, Fitness to Practice, both with competitive student membership rates. This is ideal for students who want to purchase a gym membership - which is separate from a Club Sport subs - to improve and maintain peak physical fitness.
With every gym membership, you get a free 60 minute one-to-one session with trained instructors which includes:
- A personalised gym programme tailored to your own fitness goals;
- A full demonstration of exercise and techniques, and guidance on resistance machines;
- Information and advice on nutrition;
- A 60 minute review session every 6-8 weeks to re-evaluate and re-customise a new programme to avoid plateaus.
Presidents - Andreas Hadjidemetriou and Pinelopi-Zoi Stavrou (email@example.com)
Treasurer - Zoe Berger
Men's Captain - Karran Bhagat
Women's Captain - Amy Warwick
Intermediate Captain - Shaun Koo
Social Secretaries - Darsh Shah and Daniel Tan
Welfare Officer - Ioanna Mavrantoni