Boxing is a fantastic sport to improve fitness, agility discipline and confidence. Contrary to popular belief, it is a very safe sport. Injuries are quite uncommon, so don’t be thinking if you join your face will look like it wrestled an alligator.
We provide an enjoyable, hard working environment where people work alongside each other to better themselves physically and mentally. We take anyone who is interested regardless of age, previous experience or GENDER! We will cater if you are ready to compete for the university this year or if you are just learning to box and improve your fitness. Staff members are also welcome to come.
This year we are going to expand on what we have built the previous years with more members, more structured sessions and socials. We are focusing more on people who are looking to compete in BUCS this year, ensuring that their fitness levels and technical ability are up to standards. And novices to the sport, improving their fitness up to a healthy basic level and developing basic boxing technique.
So come along to one of the sessions and see if you like it.
Train Hard, Fight Easy.
Venue: West Ham Boxing Club, 2 London Road, E13 0DN
Equipment: No equipment if needed at the start. As you progress we ask you purchase your own hand wraps (and mouth guard if you want to spar), and suggest you purchase your own gloves, but this is optional.
Queen Mary Boxing club compete in BUCS, EUBS, inter university friendly and exhibition bouts.
How to get involved:
- Join the Facebook group and get in contact with the club committee members.
- Attend the taster session - this first session is free!
- Purchase your subs - at the Hub (Mile End), BLSA reception (Whitechapel) or online.
- Enjoy! Take part in the sessions, and compete in the matches.
QMSU offers a gym on the Mile End campus, Qmotion, as well as a sister-gym in Charterhouse Square, Fitness to Practice, both with competitive student membership rates. This is ideal for students who want to purchase a gym membership - which is separate from a Club Sport subs - to improve and maintain peak physical fitness.
With every gym membership, you get a free 60 minute one-to-one session with trained instructors which includes:
- A personalised gym programme tailored to your own fitness goals;
- A full demonstration of exercise and techniques, and guidance on resistance machines;
- Information and advice on nutrition;
- A 60 minute review session every 6-8 weeks to re-evaluate and re-customise a new programme to avoid plateaus.
President: Andrew O'Neil (firstname.lastname@example.org)