The Wing Chun Martial Arts Club offers Queen Mary students (current and alumni) training in Wing Chun Kung Fu. The classes are open to all from complete beginners, experienced practitioners or people that train in other martial arts. Along with basic Wing Chun instruction, initial classes will typically consist of body conditioning training, pad work and stance training to build a strong foundation. We will work on form, open hand drills and two-person work in detail. As the students progress, there will be a chance to partake in sparring sessions which starts with limited contact and then builds up.
Bring a bottle of water, make sure you’re in loose comfortable clothing and expect to push yourself (physically and mentally – this is kung fu after all).
Taster/trial sessions: Your first lesson is free with no commitment.
All classes occur in one of the studios at Qmotion gym, just ask at reception. The classes are £4 a session.
Regular Sessions: Mondays 7.30pm-9.30pm.
Equipment: Loose fitting comfortable clothes and a bottle of water.
Post training cool down at spoons or drapers every week.
How to get Involved
- Like the Facebook page and get in contact with the club committee members.
- Attend the taster session - this first session is free!
- Purchase your subs - at the Hub (Mile End), BLSA reception (Whitechapel) or online.
- Enjoy! Take part in the sessions, and compete in the matches.
QMSU offers a gym on the Mile End campus, Qmotion, as well as a sister-gym in Charterhouse Square, Fitness to Practice, both with competitive student membership rates. This is ideal for students who want to purchase a gym membership - which is separate from a Club Sport subs - to improve and maintain peak physical fitness.
With every gym membership, you get a free 60 minute one-to-one session with trained instructors which includes:
- A personalised gym programme tailored to your own fitness goals;
- A full demonstration of exercise and techniques, and guidance on resistance machines;
- Information and advice on nutrition;
- A 60 minute review session every 6-8 weeks to re-evaluate and re-customise a new programme to avoid plateaus.
President - Peonie Ho (email@example.com)