The Kung Fu club offers Queen Mary students training in traditional Chinese martial arts. We train Wing Chun Kung Fu. The classes are open to all from complete beginners, experienced practitioners or people that train in other martial arts too. In this class we focus on the conditioning and pad work as well as the technical side of the art. We will work on form, open hand drills and two person work in detail, bring a bottle of water, make sure you’re in loose comfortable clothing and expect to push yourself! We build on the traditional Wing Chun in a more free form setting. In addition, we also learn to defend against knife attacks and other scenarios that may occur in streets. The last 30 min are sparring, which starts with limited contact and then builds up.
Taster/trial sessions: Your first lesson is free with no commitment.
All classes occur in one of the studios at Qmotion gym, just ask at reception. The classes are £4 a session.
Regular Sessions: Mondays 7.30pm-9.30pm.
Equipment: Loose fitting comfortable clothes and a bottle of water.
Post training cool down at spoons every week.
How to get Involved
- Like the Facebook page and get in contact with the club committee members.
- Attend the taster session - this first session is free!
- Purchase your subs - at the Hub (Mile End), BLSA reception (Whitechapel) or online.
- Enjoy! Take part in the sessions, and compete in the matches.
QMSU offers a gym on the Mile End campus, Qmotion, as well as a sister-gym in Charterhouse Square, Fitness to Practice, both with competitive student membership rates. This is ideal for students who want to purchase a gym membership - which is separate from a Club Sport subs - to improve and maintain peak physical fitness.
With every gym membership, you get a free 60 minute one-to-one session with trained instructors which includes:
- A personalised gym programme tailored to your own fitness goals;
- A full demonstration of exercise and techniques, and guidance on resistance machines;
- Information and advice on nutrition;
- A 60 minute review session every 6-8 weeks to re-evaluate and re-customise a new programme to avoid plateaus.
President - Devashish Bishnoi (email@example.com)