BL Lacrosse is a very friendly and welcoming sports team. We practice Lacrosse each week and play matches regularly. Lacrosse is one of the less well known sports at the university, and so we don’t expect any level of experience, we only ask that each member throws themselves into the sport, and has fun. Many of our members did not play Lacrosse before coming to Barts, so don’t be put off just because you haven’t played before.
We also hold socials regularly from Bowling to Bingo and Curry to Comedy! And we are always open to new ideas!
Students should bring trainers (plus stick and gum shield if they have them).
There will be one free taster session for each student with no selection process. After this, students will be encouraged to pay for membership.
The sessions will cater for new players to learn the basic skills, and for experienced players to develop further. All are welcome.
Equipment - Trainers, Gum Shield. Sticks and balls will be provided (but bring your own if you have one!)
Commitment levels required - Weekly training sessions, and multiple matches across the year.
BL Lacrosse team competes in LUSL on Sundays, usually around midday. Matches are held at Chistlehurst Playing Field (Home) and various other locations (Away). We will coordinate transport for matches as much as possible, but this will sometimes include public transport.
How to get involved
1. Join the Facebook group and get in contact with the club committee members.
2. Attend the taster session - this first session is free!
3. Purchase your subs - at the Hub (Mile End), BLSA reception (Whitechapel) or online.
4. Enjoy! Attend the training sessions and compete in the matches.
QMSU offers a gym on the Mile End campus, Qmotion, as well as a sister-gym in Charterhouse Square, Fitness to Practice, both with competitive student membership rates. This is ideal for students who want to purchase a gym membership - which is separate from a Club Sport subs - to improve and maintain peak physical fitness.
With every gym membership, you get a free 60 minute one-to-one session with trained instructors which includes:
- A personalised gym programme tailored to your own fitness goals;
- A full demonstration of exercise and techniques, and guidance on resistance machines;
- Information and advice on nutrition;
- A 60 minute review session every 6-8 weeks to re-evaluate and re-customise a new programme to avoid plateaus.
President - Katherine Nunn (07716 609850 firstname.lastname@example.org)
I started Lacrosse when I joined Barts 2 years ago. Lacrosse has been a big part of my university experience and I really want to pass on my enthusiasm for the sport to future members. Any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.