BL Mixed Hockey is a long established club, which offers members a light-hearted way to keep fit and meet new people on a Sunday afternoon. While regular matches give more experienced players the thrill of competition, our relaxed approach makes it perfect for those who have never even picked up a stick before.
Many of our members have never played hockey before coming to BL.
We play hockey as a mixed team every Sunday, allowing members of other sports clubs to participate alongside their other sporting commitments. We also have a number of social events throughout the year with all our members, which a large number of our alumni also attend.
Aside from honing you into a state of physical perfection, mixed hockey is also a great way to get to know people in the older years who can offer invaluable insight into Barts life.
We look forward to seeing you!
Date, time and venue TBC
Every person who attends will be guaranteed a position on the team and a chance to play in matches, no previous hockey experience required!
Equipment - If possible, please bring a mouth guard and shin guards. Please bring a Hockey stick if you have one, we only have a limited amount available.
Commitment level required - Attendance at training/matches when you have the time.
LUSL Mixed Hockey League
Sunday afternoons throughout the year.
Home games are held at Lee Valley Hockey Centre.
Fresher Taster Day - date, time and venue TBC
Fresher Curry- date, time and venue TBC
How to get involved
1. Register your interest at Freshers' Fayre. BL mixed Hockey will be at the Whitechapel campus. The committee will be able to contact you with key information and answer any questions you have about the club.
2. Join the Facebook group and get in contact with the club committee members and other club members
3. Attend the taster session - this first session is free!
4. Purchase your subs - at the Hub (Mile End), BLSA reception (Whitechapel) or online http://www.qmsu.org/groups/mixedhockey/
5. Enjoy! Attend training sessions and take part in matches whenever you are available
QMSU offers a gym on the Mile End campus, Qmotion, as well as a sister-gym in Charterhouse Square, Fitness to Practice, both with competitive student membership rates. This is ideal for students who want to purchase a gym membership - which is separate from a Club Sport subs - to improve and maintain peak physical fitness.
With every gym membership, you get a free 60 minute one-to-one session with trained instructors which includes:
- A personalised gym programme tailored to your own fitness goals;
- A full demonstration of exercise and techniques, and guidance on resistance machines;
- Information and advice on nutrition;
- A 60 minute review session every 6-8 weeks to re-evaluate and re-customise a new programme to avoid plateaus.
President - Simon Fleming (07462226550 firstname.lastname@example.org)
He is the head of the club overall and ensures that the club is being run effectively by supervising the committee and its members.
Club Captain - Joanita Kintu
She is in charge of running the admin of the club, as well as ensuring the club is developing in the right direction
Women's Captain - Rebecca John
Men's Captain - Anuj Gupta
The Team Captains ensure that all members know about matches- where they are being played and when, and are in charge of encouraging new members into the club.