We are a friendly club that encourages running and fitness throughout the medical and dental schools.
Events are held throughout the year for all levels of experience.
We are three time winners of the United Hospitals Bannister Cup. We were finalists for Most Improved Club at the BLSA Association Dinner Awards 2017.
Those interested can have one free taster session at the track.
- Thursdays 19:15 at Mile End Stadium (interval training)
- Parkrun every Saturday morning across London
- Sunday morning runs 9am followed by coffee *Please see the BL running Facebook page for week to week specific information*
Equipment: Running trainers.
Commitment levels required:
We pride ourselves on the fact that we cater for athletes of all abilities.
Also, we welcome those committed to other sports but who are looking to improve general fitness to come along to any of our sessions.
LUCA (London Universities and Colleges Athletics) organise various fixtures that allow London Universities to compete against each other. For example:
- LUCA Cross country series on Wednesday afternoons.
- LUCA indoor track
- LUCA outdoor track.
We also enter into various 5km, 10km, half marathon and marathon races and trail races throughout the year.
- BUCS National cross country - Bicton College, University of Exeter, Saturday 2nd February 2019
- London Marathon – 28th April 2019
- Fresher’s Curry Wednesday 19th September
- Multiple Cheese and Wine evenings
- Christmas dinner in December TBC
- Various Wednesday ‘tables’ events
- Various pre-run pasta parties and post-run coffees and brunches
How to get involved
1. Join the Facebook group and get in contact with the club committee members.
2. Attend the taster session - this first session is free!
3. Purchase your subs - at the Hub (Mile End), BLSA reception (Whitechapel) or online.
4. Enjoy! Attend the training sessions and sign up for the various competitions.
QMSU offers a gym on the Mile End campus, Qmotion, as well as a sister-gym in Charterhouse Square, Fitness to Practice, both with competitive student membership rates. This is ideal for students who want to purchase a gym membership - which is separate from a Club Sport subs - to improve and maintain peak physical fitness.
With every gym membership, you get a free 60 minute one-to-one session with trained instructors which includes:
- A personalised gym programme tailored to your own fitness goals;
- A full demonstration of exercise and techniques, and guidance on resistance machines;
- Information and advice on nutrition;
- A 60 minute review session every 6-8 weeks to re-evaluate and re-customise a new programme to avoid plateaus.
Cross Country Captain - Oliver Spear
Road and Track Captain - Anton Weatherhead
Treasurer - Isobel Browne
Secretary/Publicity Officer - Bethan Harris
Social Secretaries - Rebecca Pease & Ga Kitada
Alumni Officer - Conor Murphy