Come along to one of our training sessions for a friendly no commitment game of table tennis.
All abilities welcome; whether you are a complete beginner to a king of the table, you will find a good game at the club.
We are a mixed club taking part in social and competitive table tennis.
We aim to provide a platform for people interested in table tennis to have fun, progress and develop within the club to a level which they can play a role in our performance squad.
Format: Games and free play
What you need to bring: Your own table tennis rackets (rackets will be provided if needed)
Selection process: Those seen to be performing at a high level in training and match play may be asked to play competitively.
What are the next steps if you are selected? Train with the performance squad and compete, representing the club and university in inter-University competitions.
What happens if you are not selected? Continue to train in our development sessions and participate in club activities.
Training takes place on Mondays 8-10pm in Qmotion Sports Hall.
Recreational Table Tennis
QMSU also offers Get Active Table Tennis sessions for just £2.30 per session and open to all abilities. It's a fun, social, turn up and play programme, visit the Get Active site for more information.
How to get Involved
- Like the Facebook page and get in contact with the club committee members.
- Attend the taster session - this first session is free!
- Purchase your subs - at the Hub (Mile End), BLSA reception (Whitechapel) or online.
- Enjoy! Take part in the sessions, and compete in the matches.
QMSU offers a gym on the Mile End campus, Qmotion, as well as a sister-gym in Charterhouse Square, Fitness to Practice, both with competitive student membership rates. This is ideal for students who want to purchase a gym membership - which is separate from a Club Sport subs - to improve and maintain peak physical fitness.
With every gym membership, you get a free 60 minute one-to-one session with trained instructors which includes:
- A personalised gym programme tailored to your own fitness goals;
- A full demonstration of exercise and techniques, and guidance on resistance machines;
- Information and advice on nutrition;
- A 60 minute review session every 6-8 weeks to re-evaluate and re-customise a new programme to avoid plateaus.
President - Eugene Chen