The BL Water Polo Club is a mixed club, offering mixed training sessions and matches.
Along with providing some of the best fitness and skill sessions available, we also have a very friendly social side to the club, which is ever expanding!
Throughout the year, we offer 2-3 training sessions a week, weekly socials, a national and international TOUR, Alumni events and the infamous Barts to The London Pub Crawl!
A standard Student membership entitles you to all of this and so much more!
21:30 – 22:30
- Swim Warm Up
- Basic small group skills and rule explanations
- Fun Matches
Swimming costume and Towel are the only things required- goggles and shampoo are optional.
There is no formal selection process for teams- there is a team for all abilities!
Monday 9:30-10:30pm at St George's Swimming Pool
Wednesday 3-5pm Strength and Conditioning sessions in the gym, or optional land training in the park for those without gym memberships.
Thursday 9.30-10.30pm at St George's Swimming Pool
Sunday 6.15-7.45pm at York Hall Leisure Centre
Equipment: swimming costume and towel are the only things required- goggles and shampoo are optional.
All other equipment will be provided.
Commitment levels required: Attendance is recommended at all sessions if possible, to really improve your skills and fitness, but if you just want to have a bit of fun, do come as and when you can!
BUCS- Men's and Women's 1st teams.
LUSL- 2 mixed teams.
QMSU also offers Get Active Swimming at Mile End Leisure Centre and London Aquatic Centre. Get Active Anytime allows you to attend any public swim session for just £2.50, just collect your voucher from Qmotion reception. There are also This Girl Can Swimming sessions which are a female-only environment. Visit the Get Active site for more information.
How to get involved
1. Join the Facebook group, or you can get in contact with any of our club committee members or social media platforms.
2. Attend the taster session - the first session is free!
3. Purchase your subs - at the Hub (Mile End), BLSA reception (Whitechapel) or online.
4. Enjoy! Attend the training sessions and take part in matches.
QMSU offers a gym on the Mile End campus, Qmotion, as well as a sister-gym in Charterhouse Square, Fitness to Practice, both with competitive student membership rates. This is ideal for students who want to purchase a gym membership - which is separate from a Club Sport subs - to improve and maintain peak physical fitness.
With every gym membership, you get a free 60 minute one-to-one session with trained instructors which includes:
- A personalised gym programme tailored to your own fitness goals;
- A full demonstration of exercise and techniques, and guidance on resistance machines;
- Information and advice on nutrition;
- A 60 minute review session every 6-8 weeks to re-evaluate and re-customise a new programme to avoid plateaus.
President - Marco Coronelli (email@example.com)
Men’s Captain- Renos Jeropoulos
Women’s Captain - Anna Wozniak
Mixed Captain - Sophia Kanwar