We aim to create a friendly and fun atmosphere in and out the pool.
In the past we’ve managed to accommodate an impressively high standard of sport, competing in international tournaments, whilst maintaining a fantastic social side to the club.
There is no selection process, if you want to play- come along as there’s a team for everyone!
Monday 9:30-10:30pm at St George Swimming Pool – LUSL seconds mixed matches, training or friendlies.
Wednesday 3-5pm strength and conditioning sessions in the gym (first and second team players welcome) or optional land training in the park for those without gym memberships.
Thursday 9.30-10.30pm at St George Swimming Pool
Friday student swim sessions to improve swimming fitness
Equipment: You’ll need to bring swimming costume, towel (goggles are optional in warm up)
All other equipment will be provided.
Commitment levels required: Commitment levels can range from popping in every now and again to participating in every session (3 times a week). It’s totally up to you how serious you want to take it, as long as you come along and have fun!
BUCS (Men's and Women's), LUSL (one mixed team)
Sunday – BUCS/U-polo competitive matches or training with coach. These take place from 6.15-7.45pm atYork Hall LC, 5 Old Ford Rd, London, E2 9PJ.
QMSU also offers Get Active Swimming at Mile End Leisure Centre and London Aquatic Centre. Get Active Anytime allows you to attend any public swim session for just £1, just collect your voucher from Qmotion reception. There are also This Girl Can Swimming sessions which are a female-only environment. Visit the Get Active site for more information.
How to get involved
1. Join the Facebook group and get in contact with the club committee members.
2. Attend the taster session - this first session is free!
3. Purchase your subs - at the Hub (Mile End), BLSA reception (Whitechapel) or online.
4. Enjoy! Attend the training sessions and take part in matches.
QMSU offers a gym on the Mile End campus, Qmotion, as well as a sister-gym in Charterhouse Square, Fitness to Practice, both with competitive student membership rates. This is ideal for students who want to purchase a gym membership - which is separate from a Club Sport subs - to improve and maintain peak physical fitness.
With every gym membership, you get a free 60 minute one-to-one session with trained instructors which includes:
- A personalised gym programme tailored to your own fitness goals;
- A full demonstration of exercise and techniques, and guidance on resistance machines;
- Information and advice on nutrition;
- A 60 minute review session every 6-8 weeks to re-evaluate and re-customise a new programme to avoid plateaus.
President - Hannah Potter (email@example.com)
Men’s Captain- Renos Jeropoulos
Women’s captain - Sian Hobson
Mixed Captain - Olivia Knowles