In the 2018/19 season our first team aim to reign supreme in our BUCS 1A league and win the LUSL Cup. Our second team seeks promotion in their LUSL league and aims to expand for the first time in QMWFC history. At QMWFC we offer the following:
- The 1st Team: Our 1st team competes in BUCS southern Division 1A and LUSL Premier. This team is for more experienced player, who have played regularly prior to university. Matches are played on Wednesdays and Sundays.
- The 2nd team: Our second team competed in a competitive Sunday league LUSL Premiere. This is aimed at players who may feel less confident in competitive match play, who may have not played in a while and who want to improve their own ability. (players on the 2nd team are able to move up to the 1st team based on ability)
- Development team: Our development team is focused on developing their football skills and playing friendly matches with other teams, players will also occasionally play in the Sunday LUSL Premiere team after enough training sessions
- Get Active: An hour-long session once a week aimed at all members to promote the fun side of football, with smaller matches to increase intensity and friendly competition.
- Coaching qualifications: QMWFC works closely with Community Sport to increase the number of girls playing football. All members will have the opportunity to become a coach or referee in the local community with official FA level badges.
Socials: With regular socials ranging from trampoline dodgeball to Hail Mary, QMWFC offers a range of activities for members to get involved in
First week after fresher’s week (TBC)
Format: Meet by East Gate on campus at 5.30-5.45 for a 5.45pm departure to St Paul’s way school.
What you need to bring: Training is held on AstroTurf, so players need to bring suitable footwear for this, we do not advise studs/boots. Shin pads are preferred but optional.
Selection process: There are no trials. Everyone will represent the university. If you are not selected for the 1st team you will be selected for the 2nd team. Team selection takes ability into account. However, dedication and determination hold high value to the club and thus the composition of the fielded teams
Monday's 6-7.30pm at St Paul's Way School
Equipment: Training is held on astro turf, so players will need suitable footwear for this with boots not being permitted, shin pads are optional. For fixtures, playing shirts will be provided, and socks will have been given with purchase of membership, so players are solely required to bring boots, shin pads and navy shorts.
BUCS 1A, BUCS Cup, LUSL Premier, LUSL division 1, LUSL Cup, FA People’s Cup
QMSU also offers Get Active Football sessions for just £2.50 per session and open to all abilities. It's a fun, social, turn up and play programme, visit the Get Active site for more information. There are mixed football sessions and This Girl Can football sessions which are run in a female-only environment.
Get involved with community sport and the popular football referee programme : Football Referee Hub
Find more information here
How do new members join?
- Like the Facebook page and get in contact with the club committee members.
- Attend the taster session - this first session is free!
- Purchase your subs - at the Hub (Mile End), BLSA reception (Whitechapel) or online.
- Enjoy! Take part in the sessions, and compete in the matches.
QMSU offers a gym on the Mile End campus, Qmotion, as well as a sister-gym in Charterhouse Square, Fitness to Practice, both with competitive student membership rates. This is ideal for students who want to purchase a gym membership - which is separate from a Club Sport subs - to improve and maintain peak physical fitness.
With every gym membership, you get a free 60 minute one-to-one session with trained instructors which includes:
- A personalised gym programme tailored to your own fitness goals;
- A full demonstration of exercise and techniques, and guidance on resistance machines;
- Information and advice on nutrition;
- A 60 minute review session every 6-8 weeks to re-evaluate and re-customise a new programme to avoid plateaus.
Co Presidents - Shafa Fadli and Bobbi-Jo Allen (firstname.lastname@example.org)
1st Team Captains - Ida Johanne Weberg and Nicole Dimitrova
2nd Team Captain - Ksenia Allum