Application deadline: Mon 23 Sep 2019 23:59
Through our work as a Tier 2 institution on the FA University Grassroots Hub Programme, we are looking to develop all areas of our football offer. Workforce is an integral part of our plans which is why we have put together this bespoke Football Referee Package as an offer to students. This package provides a platform to enhance development and employability.
If you don’t already have a referee’s qualification you can receive the following:
- A place on the FA referee course worth £165.
- Community Sport Leader T-shirt.
- QMSU Referee t-shirt.
- Opportunity to get paid for the QMSU Sport Leagues 11-a-aside and 7-a-side football.
To receive the above you must complete one of the following options:
Option 1 – Volunteer referee Ten 11 v 11 QMSU Sport Leagues games (2 spaces available).
Option 2 – Volunteer referee Five 11 v 11 QMSU Sport Leagues Games & Twenty* 7 v 7 QMSU Sport Leagues games.
Option 3 – Volunteer referee Twenty* 7 v 7 QMSU Sport Leagues Games.
*7-a-side games last 20 minutes there will be a minimum of 2 games in one evening.
- All hours of delivery count towards rewards through the Community Sport programme – students will be required to log their own hours.
- Must sign and return a service level agreement with QMSU Sport.
- After you complete the qualification and hours you will get paid for refereeing.
Already have your referee qualification?
- Must sign a contract and a service level agreement with QMSU Sport
- Paid to referee QMSU Sport Leagues 11-a-aside and 7-a-side football (Tuesday & Thursday evening 6-8pm).
- Opportunity to work in the FA People’s Cup (including the regional finals) and external leagues.
Queen Mary Students' Union is proud to be an Equal Opportunities employer and we are committed to equality of opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, class or any other dimension of diversity. Reasonable adjustments will be made at each stage of the recruitment process for any candidate with a disability. We particularly welcome applications from black and minority ethnic candidates, as this group is currently under-represented within the Students’ Union.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate their eligibility to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006. Where required this may include entry clearance or continued leave to remain under the Points Based Immigration Scheme.
If you are interested please email email@example.com with a short paragraph on why you would be interested in becoming a QMSU Football Referee.
Valuing Diversity & Committed to Equality