What is a Students’ Union?
The Students’ Union is a student-led organisation here to help and support you through your time at Uni. We’re a not-for-profit and separate from the University, which means alongside loads of fun activities, sports and events, we also hold the University to account and challenge them on issues affecting students at Queen Mary.
Who leads the Students’ Union?
The Students’ Union is run by students just like you. There are lots of roles, from President to School Reps. We have over 60 part-time volunteer roles and six Executive Officers who are full-time, paid students and just like with our general elections in the UK, they get elected via a voting system. Election season is an awesome time and it's great fun seeing students getting out there campaigning for what’s important to them. Everyone can get involved with nominations and voting.
We are... Fun, Supportive, Student-Led.
What we offer:
- Societies, sports club and social leagues for you to be a part of.
- Volunteering opportunities in the local community, charity events and the opportunity to gain qualifications through our Community Foundation.
- Student media through our student newspaper, radio station or magazines.
- An on-campus gym, Qmotion, which offers fitness programmes and classes.
- A positive impact on the planet by taking part in sustainability opportunities.
- The chance to try new things, such as sport, with our Get Active sessions.
- The chance to help change things that matter to students with our student representative.
- Social opportunities with our awesome events.
- On campus bars, restaurants, cafes and shops. With all the money you spend going back into our facilities and experiences for you.
- A Multi-Faith Centre providing a quiet place for contemplation, reflection and prayer.
Sounds so good! How do I join the Students’ Union?
You’re automatically a member when you enroll at Queen Mary, isn’t that cool!
Download your Students' Union guide