The Students' Union Academic Advice Service is an independent, free and confidential service open to all Queen Mary students.
Support We Offer
We can offer you confidential advice and representation on a range of academic issues including:
- Applications for extenuating circumstances
- Requests for a review of an exam board decision
- Allegations of plagiarism or an examination offence
- Allegations of breach of the Code of Student Discipline
- Appeals against the outcome of a disciplinary hearing, either under the examination offences regulations or the Code of Student Discipline
- Appeals against de-registration from a module or course
- Complaints regarding a member of staff or course delivery
- Bullying or harassment by a member of staff or fellow student
- PhD supervision
- Fitness to practice issues
We can offer advice on statements and accompany students to hearings either to represent the student or to provide moral support. We also act as a referral point on matters such as immigration, finance or mental health.
Unfortunately, due to limited resources, we can only offer advice to current students, and to students who contact the service within three months of graduating. We also have a dual representation rule, so we cannot advise students who are already being represented by someone else.
How to Seek Advice
Fill in the Academic Representation Form and email firstname.lastname@example.org to book an appointment. It is recommended that you book an appointment. However, at certain times we are able to see students dropping in without appointments.
In exceptional circumstances, appointments can also be offered outside the stated opening hours.
Frequently Asked Questions
Sometimes unforeseen issues and circumstances may impact how well you do in academic assessments or affect your progression. When this happens, the Students’ Union has a number of ways we can support and advise you on what to do next.
We've put together a handy document of frequently asked questions to help guide you through the process.
Read the FAQ's
Monday-Friday: 9:30am - 5:00pm
The service is currently only offering an online service. Please contact Annie for further information at email@example.com.