QMHKPASS is a cultural and educational society that aims to raise awareness of social, economic and political issues in Hong Kong. We are a platform for students to express their opinion, and we also hope to bring students closer to Hong Kong.
We focus on social services, e.g fundraising and volunteering, and also aim to increase public awareness of events occurring in Hong Kong. If you have an interest in Hong Kong, this society is definitely for you! Alternatively, if you want to work in Hong Kong in the future, then our employment sector will provide you with networking opportunities with large Hong Kong companies.
HKPASS is established in most universities in the UK. A majority of the universities often hold events which we attend. At the same time, we also hold our own events and do collaborations with other London universities. Our East London flagship event last year encompasses more than 60 participants. Events that we have held and participated in include dinner gatherings, the inter-uni quiz by Cambridge, Running Bath by Bath, 24-horus famine by Imperial College, Talent Quest by KCL and Midland Alliance Ball by Birmingham, Warwick, Leeds and Nottingham. By joining us, you will be able to meet new friends from all around the UK, giving you a chance to expand your social network!
What do we do, and our aims:
1. To raise awareness of issues in Hong Kong, including social, economic and political issues through regular discussions and debates.
2. Building connections with other HKPASS societies in order to strengthen our interpersonal/networking skills and at the same time create a perfect platform for young people to incubate ideas
3. Promote Pro Bono work such as fundraising, charity work, etc.
4. Encourage harmonious living and promote the power of unity
5. Provide a path for our members to seek more information about future career plans.
President: Evelyn Lau, LLB Law and Politics (Mile End Campus)
Vice President (Public Awareness): Athena Chan, Law with Business LLB (Mile End Campus)
Vice President (Social Services): Steven Wong, BSc Economics and Finance (Mile End Campus)
Treasurer: Trevor Liu, BEng Robotics Engineering (Mile End Campus)
Public Relations Officer: Joyce Lai, BEng Biomedical Engineering (Mile End Campus)
Events Manager and Welfare Rep: Collin Ng, BSc Biomedical Science (Mile End Campus)
Follow us @qmhkpass on instagram for event updates!