QMHKPASS is a cultural and educational society that aims to raise awareness to social, economic and political issues in Hong Kong. We are a platform for students to express their opinion, and also hope to bring students closer to Hong Kong.
We focus on social services, e.g fundarising and volunteering, and also aim to increase public awareness towards events occurring in Hong Kong. If you have an interest in Hong Kong, this society is definitely for you! Alternatively, if you want to work in Hong Kong in the future, then our employment sector will provide you with networking opportunities with large Hong Kong companies.
HKPASS is established in most universities in the UK. A majority of the universities often hold events which we attend. At the same time, we also hold our own events and do collaborations with the other London universities. Events that we have held and participated in include dinner gatherings, our very own city hunt, the inter-uni quiz by Cambridge, and the famine by Imperial College. By joining us, you will be able to meet new friends from all around UK, giving you a chance to expand your social network!
What do we do, and our aims:
1. To raise awareness to issues in Hong Kong, including social, economical and political issues through regular discussions and debates.
2. Building connections with other HKPASS societies in order to strengthen our interpersonal/networking skills and at the same time create a perfect platform for young people to incubate ideas
3. Promote Pro Bono work such as fundraising, charity work, etc.
4. Encourage harmonious living and promote the power of unity
5. Provide a path for our members to seek more information about future career plans.
President: Charlotte Pak, BSc Biomedical Sciences (Mile End Campus)
Vice President (Public Awareness): Samson Chu, Law LLB (Mile End Campus)
Vice President (Social Services): Alfred Yeung, BSc Economics and Finance (Mile End Campus)
Treasurer and Welfare Rep: Harrison Lau, BSc Economics and Finance (Mile End Campus)
Public Relations Officer and Events Manager: Isaac Au, BSc Business Management (Mile End Campus)
Project Coordinator (Public Awareness): Charles Fung, BSc Mathematics (Mile End Campus)
Project Coordinator (Social Services): Margaret Siu, MBBS (Whitechapel Campus)
Follow us @qmhkpass on instagram for event updates!