Following the Vipers successful first season of BUCS Football, in which we finished with a 5-1 divisional record and secured a place in the playoffs, we look to continue our winning form into next season and push for promotion into Division 1.
Taster Session/Rookie Day
It is a rookie day to introduce people to the sport. These are not trials. We do not turn people away.
Bring football boots, drink and suitable sports clothing
There is no selection process, we have one team and have 45 sets of kit to fill. If we exceed this number of members, then we will look to buy more kit. We won’t be turning people away.
We have around 6 weeks to prepare for the season so it will be an intense process after the rookie day. We will hand out kit once players have paid their membership and training will be in full swing after that.
We provide all specific American Football equipment.
You will need to bring sports clothing, football boots, gumshield.
For more information on kit please contact our Equipment officer Sami Deiri through email@example.com
Commitment levels: We expect high levels of commitment for kitted football. That means turning up to every training session on time and being ready to start on time.
We compete in BUCS.
Training starts in September. The season starts at the end of October/start of November.
Match days are Sunday's, starting at Midday/Afternoon at Chislehurst Sport Ground.
Our Social Secretary is Tomas Zamblera. We are currently in the process of planning an extensive social calendar.
How to get involved
- Attend a training session and decide if it is for you or not. The first session is free. We are a welcoming club so if you have any reservations then talk to someone on the committee.
- Membership needs to be purchased after 1st session. We will be getting into kit quickly so we need everyone to purchase memberships immediately for insurance purposes. £120 for membership, a £50 kit hire fee (if they borrow club kit) and £50 refundable deposit on kit to insure the club against lost and stolen kit. Buy membership here.
QMSU offers a gym on the Mile End campus, Qmotion, as well as a sister-gym in Charterhouse Square, Fitness to Practice, both with competitive student membership rates. This is ideal for students who want to purchase a gym membership - which is separate from a Club Sport subs - to improve and maintain peak physical fitness.
With every gym membership, you get a free 60 minute one-to-one session with trained instructors which includes:
- A personalised gym programme tailored to your own fitness goals;
- A full demonstration of exercise and techniques, and guidance on resistance machines;
- Information and advice on nutrition;
- A 60 minute review session every 6-8 weeks to re-evaluate and re-customise a new programme to avoid plateaus.
President - Will Masterton
Vice President - Devon Brawn