This is a huge season for the Vipers following promotion to division 1. Our aim is always to perform to the highest standard and to win every game we play. Two years of BUCs football and a 12-2 regular season record is testament to this winning expectation. This season will be no different.
If you like competing and winning, if want to be coached by an excellent and stacked coaching staff and if you want to become part of a football family, join the Vipers today!
If you are more interested in a relaxed approach to football, search QMSU Get Active for our new flag football programme, run by our experienced players!
We train weekly on a Friday night at East London Rugby Club.
East London Rugby Club, 71 Holland Road, London, E15 3BP
We also hold Monday classroom sessions to study game film, and have strength and condition training at 5pm on Tuesday at QMotion gym. Please contact us for a full training schedule.
Commitment levels: We expect high levels of commitment for kitted football. That means turning up to every training session and every game on time and being ready to start on time.
We provide all specific American Football equipment.
You will need to bring sports clothing, football boots and a gumshield. if you want to purchase any american football equipment we can point you in the right direction.
For more information on kit please contact us through email@example.com
We compete in BUCS.
Training starts in September. The season starts 4th November.
Match days are Sunday's, usually starting at 1pm. We play 8 regular season games. 4 home games at Chislehurst and 4 away trips to UEA, Imperial, Kent and Canterbury Christchurch.
Our Social Secretaries are Klavs Riekstins and Cedric Akrong. We have an extensive social calendar each year.
How to get involved
1. Attend a training session and decide if it is for you or not. The first session is free. We are a welcoming club so if you have any reservations then talk to someone on the committee.
2. Membership needs to be purchased after 1st session. We will be getting into kit quickly so we need everyone to purchase memberships immediately for insurance purposes. £140 for membership, a £50 kit hire fee (if they borrow club kit) and £50 refundable deposit on kit to insure the club against lost and stolen kit. It may sound like a lot of money but ask any of our members and they’ll assure you its worth it. Contact us if you are concerned about the cost of joining to speak to our committee Buy membership here.
QMSU offers a gym on the Mile End campus, Qmotion, as well as a sister-gym in Charterhouse Square, Fitness to Practice, both with competitive student membership rates. This is ideal for students who want to purchase a gym membership - which is separate from a Club Sport subs - to improve and maintain peak physical fitness.
With every gym membership, you get a free 60 minute one-to-one session with trained instructors which includes:
- A personalised gym programme tailored to your own fitness goals;
- A full demonstration of exercise and techniques, and guidance on resistance machines;
- Information and advice on nutrition;
- A 60 minute review session every 6-8 weeks to re-evaluate and re-customise a new programme to avoid plateaus.
President - Will Masterton
Vice President - Leon Steffen