QMBFS is the largest student-run careers society on campus at Queen Mary, bringing together hundreds of undergraduate and postgraduate students every year from all disciplines.
Established in 2017, the society has delivered a countless number of events ranging from interactive panel sessions featuring guest speakers from the world’s top financial firms to skill-building workshops that equip members with the right tools for application success.
We are committed to being at the forefront of our members’ progression whether that’s providing access to valuable networks or offering 1:1 career advice and expertise – QMBFS will be with you every step of the way.
We’re proud to represent a diverse background of talented individuals and are determined to help all our members realise their potentials. In our short time, we boast notable alumni who have progressed to prestigious institutions such as Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, Barclays, Deloitte, EY, and more.
The society was awarded the QMSU Silver Excellence award in 2020 to recognise our efforts in delivering high-quality events and continues to be recognised as one of the leading student-led societies at Queen Mary.
The aims of our society:
- To enrich students’ knowledge of the variety of different career opportunities within finance and more specifically the banking industry.
- To improve Queen Mary University students’ chances of getting accepted to Spring Programs, Summer Internships, and Graduate Programs by providing them with a deeper understanding of the position and support.
- To help students build a professional network and motivate them to achieve their career goals.
- By organising talks by professionals from well-known firms, members will be able to expand their network within the industry they are interested in.
- Providing help with CVs, cover letters, and organising mock interviews for members will help them to prepare for their application process.
If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.