This club’s main aims are:
- To introduce a great new sport to those who have never even picked up a stick before
- To allow those who have already played lacrosse a chance to improve their skills and earn qualifications
- To give you the opportunity to make great friends in training as well as through social events
- To allow you to show off the skills you've learnt in training in fun, competitive games
- To give you a chance to help you improve your fitness in a fun, relaxed environment
Equipment - All you need for lacrosse training is yourself here at QM! We provide sticks and balls, but if you want to bring your own stick, feel free as well! We play with women's equipment as per mixed lacrosse rules and the only additional equipment you will need for matches is a non-white mouthguard.
Commitment levels required - Full members are expected to attend as many sessions on a Tuesday evening and Saturday morning as possible. We also have matches on Sundays every couple of weeks.
We ask people to attend as many sessions as possible so that we can develop a real sense of teamwork and make sure that our team is performing at our highest possible level. However, we do understand that things come up, so please just send us a message before training to let us know you can't make it.
Social members are in it purely for the social events we do every couple of weeks. If you want to come to Hail Marys and be a part of the club without actually having to play (injured, no time), then social membership is perfect for you!!
LUSL League (Sundays) - 7 matches over the 2 semesters, roughly every couple of weeks during term time.
Merger Cup (QMUL vs Barts) - late March
This year we have lots of exciting socials for all to get involved. Make sure you're following our social media so that you get all the latest updates about our events like our Freshers Pub Crawl, Christmas dinner and our Lacrosse tour, if Covid permits it! We even have a partnership with a group of clubs in London! These events are only the tip of the iceberg and we can't wait to share all our fun ideas with you.
How to get involved
1. Get in contact with us! The best way to do this is by meeting us at Freshers fair or messaging our Instagram page.
2. Attend a training session - first 2 sessions free!!
3. Purchase your subs - at the Hub (Mile End) or online.
4. Enjoy! Attend the training sessions and compete in the matches.
President - Billie Axtell (email: email@example.com)
Captain - Genevieve Jenking-Rees
Treasurer - Magdalene Chan
Welfare Officer - Romney Parslow
QMSU offers a gym on the Mile End campus, Qmotion, as well as a sister-gym in Charterhouse Square, Fitness to Practice, both with competitive student membership rates. This is ideal for students who want to purchase a gym membership - which is separate from a Club Sport subs - to improve and maintain peak physical fitness.
With every gym membership, you get a free 60 minute one-to-one session with trained instructors which includes:
- A personalised gym programme tailored to your own fitness goals;
- A full demonstration of exercise and techniques, and guidance on resistance machines;
- Information and advice on nutrition;
- A 60 minute review session every 6-8 weeks to re-evaluate and re-customise a new programme to avoid plateaus.