This club’s main aims are:
- To introduce people to the AMAZING sport that is lacrosse
- Meet regularly both to play lacrosse but also socially - pick the level of commitment which suits you!
- To organise fun but competitive games
- To provide a fast pace, high skill sport that has proven to be successful at other universities nationally
Equipment - Some equipment will be provided, though if you have your own please bring them along! We play with women's equipment as per mixed lacrosse rules and for matches you will need a non-white mouthguard.
Commitment levels required - Full members are expected to attend weekly training sessions on a Tuesday and matches on Sundays every couple of weeks.
If missing training, captains should be informed prior to the day where possible, and for matches at least a week in advance.
Social members are in it purely for the social events we do every couple of weeks. They do not have to do matches or training, but are welcome to come along to support at matches if you can make it! If you want to come to Hail Marys and be a part of the club without actually having to play (injured, no time), then social membership is perfect for you!!
LUSL League (Sundays) - 7 matches over the 2 semesters, roughly every couple of weeks during term time.
Merger Cup (QMUL vs Barts) - late March
Socials are to take place as and when we organise them, and we are always open to new ideas so get thinking! We do a mixture of both drinking and non-drinking to suit everyone!
How to get involved
1. Get in contact with the captain or a member of the club to get more info
2. Attend a training session - first 2 sessions free!!
3. Purchase your subs - at the Hub (Mile End) or online.
4. Enjoy! Attend the training sessions and compete in the matches.
President - Poppy Pinner (email: firstname.lastname@example.org, text: 07768477573),
Captain - Kalen Barnfather
Treasurer - Magdalene Chan
Social Secs - Evi Useh and Roda Ibrahim
Welfare Officer - Beth Elliot
QMSU offers a gym on the Mile End campus, Qmotion, as well as a sister-gym in Charterhouse Square, Fitness to Practice, both with competitive student membership rates. This is ideal for students who want to purchase a gym membership - which is separate from a Club Sport subs - to improve and maintain peak physical fitness.
With every gym membership, you get a free 60 minute one-to-one session with trained instructors which includes:
- A personalised gym programme tailored to your own fitness goals;
- A full demonstration of exercise and techniques, and guidance on resistance machines;
- Information and advice on nutrition;
- A 60 minute review session every 6-8 weeks to re-evaluate and re-customise a new programme to avoid plateaus.