In the 2020/21 season our first team aim to reign supreme in our BUCS 2A league and win the LUSL Cup. Our second team seeks promotion in their LUSL league and is entered into the BUCS 4B and aims to climb the ranks of the BUCS leagues. We also offer a third team, which will work on developing players and introducing new players to the sport! The third team is not currently entered into a league but will have the opportunity to play friendlies throughout the year! At QMWFC we offer the following:
- 1st Team: Our 1st team competes in BUCS southern Division 2A and LUSL Premier. This team is for more experienced player, who have played regularly prior to university. Matches are played on Wednesdays and Sundays.
- 2nd team: Our second team competes in the BUCS southern division 4B and the Sunday league LUSL Premiere. This is aimed at players who have some experience and want to commit to matches. Matches are played on Wednesday and Sundays. (players on the 2nd team are able to move up to the 1st team based on ability)
- 3rd team: Our 3rd team are focused on developing their football skills and playing friendly matches with other teams, players will also play in the new social leagues
- Get Active Futsal : An hour-long session once a week aimed at all members to promote the fun side of indoor football, with smaller matches to increase intensity and friendly competition.
- Coaching qualifications: QMWFC works closely with the Community Foundation (previoulsy Community Sport) to increase the number of girls playing football. Here we run weekly after school outreach sessions with young girls at a local primary school. All members will have the opportunity to become a coach or referee in the local community with official FA level badges.
Socials: With regular socials ranging from trampoline dodgeball to Hail Mary, QMWFC offers a range of online and face-to-face activities for members to get involved in.
Monday 5th October 2020
Format: Meet by East Gate on campus at 5.30-5.45 for a 5.45pm departure to St Paul’s way school.
What you need to bring: Training is held on AstroTurf, so players need to bring suitable footwear for this, we do not advise studs/boots. Shin pads are preferred but optional.
Selection process: There are no trials. Everyone will represent the university. If you are not selected for the 1st or 2nd teams you will be selected for the 3rd team. Team selection takes ability into account. However, dedication and determination hold high value to the club and thus the composition of the fielded teams, so there is movement of players between all three teams.
Mondays 6-7.30pm at St Paul's Way School [1st & 2nd Teams]
Thursdays 8-9pm at St Paul's Way School [3rd Team]
Equipment: Training is held on astroturf, so players will need suitable footwear for this with boots not being permitted, shin pads are optional. For fixtures, playing shirts will be provided, so players are solely required to bring boots, shin pads and navy shorts and socks.
BUCS 2A, BUCS 4B, BUCS Cup, LUSL Premier, LUSL division 1, LUSL Cup, FA People’s Cup
QMSU also offers Get Active Futsal sessions open to all abilities. It's a fun programme with competitive saturday matches.
Keep a look out on our instagram page for updates on the return of futsal. [Training day/time & Location TBC]
Get involved with the Community Foundation and the popular football referee programme : Football Referee Hub
Find more information here
How do new members join? [DUE TO COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS WE ARE CURRENTLY AT CAPACITY FOR SEMESTER 1]
- Follow the instagram page (@qmwfc) or follow / like the Facebook page and send us a message.
- Sign up to attend the taster session - this first session is free!
- Purchase your subs - at the Hub (Mile End), BLSA reception (Whitechapel) or online.
- Enjoy! Take part in the sessions, and compete in the matches.
QMSU offers a gym on the Mile End campus, Qmotion, as well as a sister-gym in Charterhouse Square, Fitness to Practice, both with competitive student membership rates. This is ideal for students who want to purchase a gym membership - which is separate from a Club Sport subs - to improve and maintain peak physical fitness.
With every gym membership, you get a free 60 minute one-to-one session with trained instructors which includes:
- A personalised gym programme tailored to your own fitness goals;
- A full demonstration of exercise and techniques, and guidance on resistance machines;
- Information and advice on nutrition;
- A 60 minute review session every 6-8 weeks to re-evaluate and re-customise a new programme to avoid plateaus.
Committee Members 2020/21
Presidents - Zoe Dales and Rianno Thomas
Treasurer - Natalie Tofa
1st Team Captains- Marika Niekowal and Bryony Gibbs
2nd Team Captain - Sara J. Othman
Futsal Ambassador - Jamila Cephas
Community Sport & Charity Officer - Mia Marchant
Social Secretary - Neuza De Paula and Chloe Roach
Press Officer - Zuzanna Swidecka
Welfare Officer - Khelat Alikhani