We are one of the friendliest clubs at Barts that welcomes runners of all abilities from the medical and dental schools as well as allied courses. Whether you are a complete beginner or a seasoned runner, our training sessions and races throughout the year can help you achieve your goals!
"Committee of the Year" (2020/21)
No matter your ability, come to the first FREE track taster session of the year on 29/09/2022
Our regular sessions are:
- Thursday: interval training with a coach at the London Marathon Community Track @6:00p.m.
- Saturday: Parkruns hosted across London @9:00am
- Sunday: morning social run @9:00am, followed by coffee
*Check out our Facebook page for week to week training and social event details*
Equipment: Running trainers
Commitment levels required:
We pride ourselves on the fact that we cater for athletes of all abilities.
Come to any amount of running and social events as your heart (and legs) desire!
If you are committed to other sports, definitely come to any of our sessions and races to improve your general fitness.
LUCA (London Universities and Colleges Athletics) organise various fixtures that allow London Universities to compete against each other. For example:
- LUCA Cross Country series on five Wednesday afternoons in parks around London for all abilities, and we enjoy going for a drink and pizza social afterwards
- LUCA Indoor Athletics series
- LUCA Outdoor Atheltics series
- BUCS National Cross Country Championships – location TBC, February 2023
- Vitality Big Half – March 2022
- Other 5K & 10K races, Fell races and marathons/half-marathons held locally and afar for you to develop and work towards your personal goals or just take part in a one off event!
- London Marathon – October 2023
- Fresher’s Curry on Wednesday 21st of September
- Multiple Cheese and Wine evenings throughout the year - a club favourite!
- Christmas dinner in December
- Wednesday ‘tables’ events at the Griff Inn
- Wednesday evening non drinking socials
- Various pre-run pasta parties and post-run coffees and brunches
- Club Tours - one domestic (BUCS tour) & one international in Easter
How to get involved
1. Join the Facebook group and get in contact with the club committee members
2. Come to our fresher's curry on Wednesday 21st!
3. Attend the taster session - this first session is free! (on 29th Sept 2022)
4. Purchase your subs - on this page under 'join', at the Hub (Mile End), or BLSA reception (Whitechapel)
5. Enjoy! Attend the training sessions and sign up for the various competitions
The safety of our members comes first and foremost for us, and we're committed to providing our training and social events in a COVID-19 safe environment. Our policy for doing this will always reflect the current goverment guidelines, and may involve the use of test and trace, mask wearing or social distancing, for example, where appropriate.
QMSU offers a gym on the Mile End campus, Qmotion, as well as a sister-gym in Charterhouse Square, Fitness to Practice, both with competitive student membership rates. This is ideal for students who want to purchase a gym membership - which is separate from a Club Sport subs - to improve and maintain peak physical fitness.
With every gym membership, you get a free 60 minute one-to-one session with trained instructors which includes:
- A personalised gym programme tailored to your own fitness goals;
- A full demonstration of exercise and techniques, and guidance on resistance machines;
- Information and advice on nutrition;
- A 60 minute review session every 6-8 weeks to re-evaluate and re-customise a new programme to avoid plateaus.
Cross Country Captain - Joe Thompson
Road and Track Captain - Chris Harrop
Treasurer - Callum Campbell
Publicity Officer - Patrick Tallentire
Social Secretaries - Arvind Badri and Diya Launay
Alumni Officer -Jasper Craib
Volunteering & Fundraising Officer -Lydia Watson
Welfare Officer - Twisha Rohan