We are one of the friendliest clubs at Barts that welcomes runners of all abilities from the medical and dental school as well as allied courses. Whether you are a complete beginner or a seasoned runner, we run training sessions and races throughout the year to help you achieve your goals!
No matter your ability, come to the first FREE track taster session of the year on 24/09/2020.
Our regular sessions are:
- Thursday evening at Mile End Stadium (interval training with a coach) meet at 5:45p.m. and start at 6:00p.m.
- Parkruns every Saturday morning across London
- Sunday morning runs 9am followed by coffee *Check out our Facebook page for week to week training and social event details*
Equipment: Running trainers
Commitment levels required:
We pride ourselves on the fact that we cater for athletes of all abilities.
Come to any amount of running and social events as your heart (and legs) desire!
If you are committed to other sports, definitely come to any of our sessions and races to improve your general fitness.
LUCA (London Universities and Colleges Athletics) organise various fixtures that allow London Universities to compete against each other. For example:
- LUCA Cross Country series on five Wednesday afternoons in parks around London for all abilities, and we enjoy going for a drink and pizza social afterwards
- LUCA Indoor Athletics series
- LUCA Outdoor Atheltics series
- BUCS National Cross Country Championships – location TBC, February 2021
- Vitality Big Half – 7th of March 2021
- London Marathon – date TBC
- Other 5K & 10K races, Fell races and marathons/half-marathons held locally and afar for you to develop and work towards your personal goals or just take part in a one off event
- Fresher’s Curry on Wednesday 16th of September (TBC)
- Multiple Cheese and Wine evenings throughout the year - a club favourite!
- Christmas dinner in December TBC
- Various Wednesday ‘tables’ events at the Griff Inn
- Various pre-run pasta parties and post-run coffees and brunches
- Club Tours - one domestic (BUCS tour) & one international in Easter
How to get involved
1. Join the Facebook group and get in contact with the club committee members
2. Attend the taster session - this first session is free! (see above)
3. Purchase your subs - at the Hub (Mile End), BLSA reception (Whitechapel) or online
4. Enjoy! Attend the training sessions and sign up for the various competitions
QMSU offers a gym on the Mile End campus, Qmotion, as well as a sister-gym in Charterhouse Square, Fitness to Practice, both with competitive student membership rates. This is ideal for students who want to purchase a gym membership - which is separate from a Club Sport subs - to improve and maintain peak physical fitness.
With every gym membership, you get a free 60 minute one-to-one session with trained instructors which includes:
- A personalised gym programme tailored to your own fitness goals;
- A full demonstration of exercise and techniques, and guidance on resistance machines;
- Information and advice on nutrition;
- A 60 minute review session every 6-8 weeks to re-evaluate and re-customise a new programme to avoid plateaus.
Cross Country Captain - Callum Campbell
Road and Track Captain - Liam Vandamme
Treasurer - Jasper Craib
Publicity Officer - Chris Harrop
Social Secretaries - Natalia Falcón Joven & Nayana Jain
Alumni Officer - Oliver Spear
Volunteering & Fundraising Officer - Joe Thompson
Welfare Officer - Karl Martin