Come and give QM archers a go, we cater for all levels of experience from the "I don’t know what a bow is" right through to "I can shoot an arrow blindfolded and hit the bullseye".
QM Archers aims to provide the opportunity to try a sport that you’ve always wanted to have a go at but also a friendly environment to do so. We will supply all the equipment and coaches that will help you become the next Robin Hood.
Tuesday's and Friday's 9am - 12pm in Qmotion Sports Hall.
All equipment is provided. This includes bows (left and right handed), arrows, protective equipment and targets etc…
QMSU also offers Get Active Archery sessions for just £2.30 per session and open to all abilities. It's a fun, social, turn up and play programme, visit the Get Active site for more information.
How to get involved
- Like the Facebook page and get in contact with the club committee members.
- Attend the taster session - this first session is free!
- Purchase your subs - at the Hub (Mile End), BLSA reception (Whitechapel) or online.
- Enjoy! Take part in the sessions, and compete in the matches.
QMSU offers a gym on the Mile End campus, Qmotion, as well as a sister-gym in Charterhouse Square, Fitness to Practice, both with competitive student membership rates. This is ideal for students who want to purchase a gym membership - which is separate from a Club Sport subs - to improve and maintain peak physical fitness.
With every gym membership, you get a free 60 minute one-to-one session with trained instructors which includes:
- A personalised gym programme tailored to your own fitness goals;
- A full demonstration of exercise and techniques, and guidance on resistance machines;
- Information and advice on nutrition;
- A 60 minute review session every 6-8 weeks to re-evaluate and re-customise a new programme to avoid plateaus.
General email - email@example.com
President - Rushan Vellani (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Captain - Stephen Inge (email@example.com)