Archery… a sport that’s been around for a long time, ever watch a film like Lord of the Rings and think, Legolas is pretty awesome with that bow and arrow, that looks really cool! Well come and give QM Archers a go, as we cater for all of the different levels of archery. From “how do I hold this bow” to “Bullseye every time!”
QM Archers aim to have you try out that dangerous sport you always wanted to try in a safe and friendly environment. We will provide you with all of the equipment you need and will help you improve yourself to become the next Green Arrow, Hawkeye or Legolas.
Taster sessions will take place in September.
Please wear comfortable clothing that is not too loose so that your bow doesn’t catch it! For more detailed information visit our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/QMarchers/
Tuesday's and Friday's 9am - 12pm in Qmotion Sports Hall.
All equipment is provided. This includes bows (left and right handed), arrows, protective equipment and targets etc…
How to get involved
- Like the Facebook page and get in contact with the club committee members.
- Attend the taster session - this first session is free!
- Purchase your subs - at the Hub (Mile End), BLSA reception (Whitechapel) or online.
- Enjoy! Take part in the sessions, and compete in the matches.
QMSU offers a gym on the Mile End campus, Qmotion, as well as a sister-gym in Charterhouse Square, Fitness to Practice, both with competitive student membership rates. This is ideal for students who want to purchase a gym membership - which is separate from a Club Sport subs - to improve and maintain peak physical fitness.
With every gym membership, you get a free 60 minute one-to-one session with trained instructors which includes:
- A personalised gym programme tailored to your own fitness goals;
- A full demonstration of exercise and techniques, and guidance on resistance machines;
- Information and advice on nutrition;
- A 60 minute review session every 6-8 weeks to re-evaluate and re-customise a new programme to avoid plateaus.
General email - email@example.com
President - Khaleel Channa
Captain - Eleri Farr