The Engineering & Tech (E&T) Society is continuing once again for 2023/24 academic year! We are looking for new committee and non-committee members to join us on the STEM journey. Committee roles are listed below and we welcome all students to sign up and join the team via the links to the WhatsApp group/Instagram page (also linked below) for details on meetings and events.
Our main aims and objectives are listed below:
- To provide like-minded students with further insight into the world of Engineering and Technology advancements.
- Facilitate the exchange of knowledge amongst students interested in STEM by organising workshops, guest seminars, and career panels.
- Run workshops to enhance and develop different technical skills, e.g. programming via hackathons.
- Host networking opportunities to help students meet professionals within the E&T field and obtain potential internship opportunities.
Overall, our most important objective is to create a relaxed and fun environment whilst also testing and progressing our STEM knowledge through team-led E&T projects. This may include the use of CAD software, coding, and some hands-on experience using electrical tools for design-building challenges. Our society will have a focus on a variety of Engineering fields, such as Biomedical, Mechanical, Aerospace, Robotics, etc., as well as Physics, Computer Science, and other Tech-heavy fields.
Stay tuned for upcoming dates for our first icebreaker session (free of charge) and find us during Freshers Week!
Current Committee Members
President: Sophie Sadiatoonasa
Treasurers: Axel Bechtle, Bailey O'Brien
Administrative Officer: Aman Sadiq
Engineering Lead: Reddwan Jahir
Marketing & Social Media Officer: Hulimatu Jalloh
Available committee roles:
- Administrative Officer
- Coding Lead
- Engineering Lead
- Technology Consultant
- Marketing & Social Media Officer
- Events & Campaign Officer
- Welfare Officer
Link to committee role descriptions: https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vT4GkgsVxj28wdf-ms9KK2g4I7qwCh5YEcfqeA8LJrOtlIfuw7oGSBqjqZZOohQ7J3pHztLxe1bOkM6/pub
Link to apply for vacant committee roles: https://forms.gle/dJ7q8tZXtLxe41FA8