Judo is a modern Japanese martial art and competitive Olympic sport. Not only that, it is also an effective self defense method and a fun way to keep (or get) fit, especially at Queen Mary Judo Club. It is accessible to all ages, genders and skill levels.
Come along to our sessions to practice this great art in a friendly and welcoming environment. If you have never practiced a martial art before this is a great opportunity to try something different. If you are experienced in Judo then this is your chance to reconnect. We have a place for everyone.
Your first session will be FREE – so come along and give it a go!
Wednesdays 6-8pm in Qmotion Active Studio.
Bring a judo gi if you have one, or if not, loose fitting sportswear.
If spare gis are available, new participants will be given them.
BUCS competition and any British Judo Association (BJA) approved tounaments.
How to get involved
- Register your interest with the club - join the Facebook group and get in contact with the club committee members
- Attend trials / taster session
- Purchase membership after 1st session at QMSU (https://www.qmsu.org/groups/judo/)
QMSU offers a gym on the Mile End campus, Qmotion, as well as a sister-gym in Charterhouse Square, Fitness to Practice, both with competitive student membership rates. This is ideal for students who want to purchase a gym membership - which is separate from a Club Sport subs - to improve and maintain peak physical fitness.
With every gym membership, you get a free 60 minute one-to-one session with trained instructors which includes:
- A personalised gym programme tailored to your own fitness goals;
- A full demonstration of exercise and techniques, and guidance on resistance machines;
- Information and advice on nutrition;
- A 60 minute review session every 6-8 weeks to re-evaluate and re-customise a new programme to avoid plateaus.
President - Alex Lesniak (Alex_Lesniak@hotmail.co.uk)