Barts and the London Medical Education Support Society (MESS): Barts' largest society that prides itself on providing quality peer teaching to support students in years 1, 2, and 3.
"BL MESS - the only soceity that everybody joins!"
What We Do
It is no secret that medical school can seem daunting, and there are always lectures and topics you may want some extra support with. The BL Medical Education Support Soceity (MESS) is here to help! We are a peer-teaching society, run by senior medical students, who aid and assist the studies of younger students in years 1, 2, and 3.
As a soceity we run regular online revision sessions that provide a relaxed environment in which to further your understanding of lecture content and ask questions to students who have been in exactly the same position as you just a few years ago.
For students in years 1 and 2, in the weeks leading up to progress tests, MESS also runs Progress Test Crash Courses at the Perrin Lecture Theatre where the PBLs, key lecture content, anatomy, and histology are covered to provide you with the knowledge and resources to excel in your assessments. For students in year 3 we provide these crash courses for CSP, PH, and HSPH. Everyone is welcome and encouraged to attend our sessions!
- Regular online teaching sessions covering key lecture-based content
- Pre-Progress Test Crash Courses in-person at the Perrin Lecture Theatre
- The largest society at Barts and the only society that everybody joins
- Be taught by students who were where you are now just a few years ago - our teachers know exactly what is difficult and how best to prepare for assessments
Memberships subs are just £1, and allow you access to all of MESS' teaching sessions, crash courses, and online resources.
Be sure to check of the MESS Instagram, linked below, for some introductory posts!
- Presidents: Max Paley and Eleanor Smith
- Treasurer: Ishika Musharrat Ali
- Secretary: Kezen Chin Kai Jian
- Year 1 Coordinator: Jayanth Mummidi
- Year 2 Coordinator: Periklis Giannakis
- Year 3 Coordinatory: Amaan Abbas
- Welfare Representative: Shirin Sadat Massroor
Stay Up to Date
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, and keep up to date with MESS for your year using the links below:
Year 1- https://www.facebook.com/groups/630736201990687 2021-2022
Year 2- https://www.facebook.com/groups/286392862918978 2021-2022
Year 3- https://www.facebook.com/groups/317707336114358 2021-2022
Year 1- https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Enr14mlPEPaYelbwfWANI7PUdH_GbfxI?usp=sharing
Year 2- https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1VFo5noW2kmIjHlDdSdlnc3PJKdyLuyO5?usp=sharing
You must be logged in & have paid subs in order to access resources.