We are a friendly and welcoming club. We offer weekly long and short distance coach led track sessions as well as casual 'social' runs. We welcome all abilities and there are no try-outs. Whether you area seasoned runner or have never set foot on a running track we would love to have you as a part of our team.
In addition to weekly training members will have the opportunity to represent Queen Mary at various running events througout the year, from indoor and outdoor athlectis to x-country. We compete in the events held by LUCA and BUCS. Last year events were few and far between due to covid, however this year is looking much more promising.
If competing is not your thing we would love to have you come along to our training and social activities - it's a great opportunity to keep fit, have fun and meet new people! You can choose your membership according to what it is you'd like to get from the club.
Each session will cater to new runners as well as those who may be more advanced, ensuring that everyone feels welcome.
Provisional Training Schedule: Althought this is yet to be confirmed, we expect our trainign to look something like this...
Monday - 6:00-6:50pm 5k or 3K Social Run (Followed by rehydration in spoons)
Tuesday – Sprint/short distance training session.
Thursday – Middle/Long distance training with Coach Steve and the Barts running team @ 17:45-18:45
Saturday – Parkrun day in Mile end park [sometimes at other locations around Lodnon]
Sunday – Long Run day - optional committee led longer run.
It is completely up to you which sessions you would like to attend, but if you would like to attend the coached sessions (Tuesday and Thursday) you must purchase the full training membership.
- Access to all group led runs and track sessions, merger cup events and a social T-shirt.
- All benefits of Social Membership (including the T-shirt)
- Access to coached training sessions
- Entry for all event types
This year we have a brand new design for our club kit, including an amazing race vest that we'd encourage you all to get it! As well as a whole assortment of other merch, such as socks, hoodies and long-sleeved training tops, which believe us you will be thankful for when it's dark and cold in the winter. You can buy your kit here -https://iconsports.co.uk/qmul-athletics-running
- Join the Facebook page and get in contact with the club committee members.
- Join our WhatsApp group (link in Facebook group) and follow our Instagram: @qmrac. If you are not on social media, please email us so we can add you to our Whatsapp group to ensure you receive the most updated news from us!
- Attend a session - We will be holding a number of taster sessions which are free to attend in the first week.
- Visit us at the Freshers Fair on Thursday 23rd and Friday 24th September.
- Purchase your subs - at the Hub (Mile End), BLSA reception (Whitechapel) or online.
Social Run - 27th September: 6:00pm meet @ East Gate on QM Campus.
Short Distance Track Session 28th September. 5:00pm Meet @ Stratford Marathon Community Running Track.
Long-distance Track session: 30th September : 5:30 Meet @ Mile end Station.
- Alex Howells - email@example.com
?Social Media Officer:
All enquiries please feel free to contact: firstname.lastname@example.org