This is a competitive volleyball team for Queen Mary University of London. Our men’s and women’s teams practice once per week with matches on Wednesdays. We strive to help build team work skills, communication, self expression through sport and discipline.
- This will take place at the beginning of semester.
- Format – as a regular session divided into two groups additionally for men and women.
- What to bring – please wear trainers with a t-shirt and athletic shorts. For girls, please ensure your hair is up and out of your face. Please knee-pads, bottle of water.
- Selection process – giving new members different drills to understand their level of volleyball and control over the ball.
- What are the next steps if selected – You will be selected depending on their volleyball level and put into teams in accordance to that.
- What happens if not selected – if not selected you will be welcome to join our training sessions for beginners.
Commitment levels required
- Attendance at all trainings and competitions.
- For the social sessions attendance is not that strict, however, if members want to improve their volleyball skills attendance is necessary.
BUCS, Volleyball England Indoor Student Cup
How to get Involved
- Like the Facebook page and get in contact with the club committee members.
- Attend the taster session - this first session is free!
- Purchase your subs - at the Hub (Mile End), BLSA reception (Whitechapel) or online.
- Enjoy! Take part in the sessions, and compete in the matches.
QMSU offers a gym on the Mile End campus, Qmotion, as well as a sister-gym in Charterhouse Square, Fitness to Practice, both with competitive student membership rates. This is ideal for students who want to purchase a gym membership - which is separate from a Club Sport subs - to improve and maintain peak physical fitness.
With every gym membership, you get a free 60 minute one-to-one session with trained instructors which includes:
- A personalised gym programme tailored to your own fitness goals;
- A full demonstration of exercise and techniques, and guidance on resistance machines;
- Information and advice on nutrition;
- A 60 minute review session every 6-8 weeks to re-evaluate and re-customise a new programme to avoid plateaus.
President - Grace Kuperman (firstname.lastname@example.org)