Looking for a sport that is fun and an enjoyable way to exercise – then volleyball is what you need to try! We are a welcoming group of all levels and our main goal is to have fun both inside and outside the court. If you’re looking for just some fun sessions or competitive volleyball, we have both to offer. So if you’re an already experienced player who is looking for some competitive volleyball or a beginner that wishes to learn to play - both are very welcome. We are sure you’ll find something that will suit your needs.
Our club core activities include, learning to play volleyball, working in a successful team and having fun through socials, trainings plus competitions. For the next year we hope to work towards the success of the teams as well as provide social members with fun trainings and surprise our members with some fun socials and beach volley sessions throughout the year.
- This will take place at the beginning of semester.
- Format – as a regular session divided into two groups additionally for men and women.
- What to bring – sporting clothes (shorts, t-shirts, trainers, knee pads if needed).
- Selection process – giving new members different drills to understand their level of volleyball and control over the ball.
- What are the next steps if selected – You will be selected depending on their volleyball level and put into teams in accordance to that.
- What happens if not selected – if not selected you will be welcome to join our training sessions for beginners.
Commitment levels required
- Attendance at all trainings and competitions.
- For the social sessions attendance is not that strict, however, if members want to improve their volleyball skills attendance is necessary.
BUCS, Volleyball England Indoor Student Cup
How to get Involved
- Like the Facebook page and get in contact with the club committee members.
- Attend the taster session - this first session is free!
- Purchase your subs - at the Hub (Mile End), BLSA reception (Whitechapel) or online.
- Enjoy! Take part in the sessions, and compete in the matches.
QMSU offers a gym on the Mile End campus, Qmotion, as well as a sister-gym in Charterhouse Square, Fitness to Practice, both with competitive student membership rates. This is ideal for students who want to purchase a gym membership - which is separate from a Club Sport subs - to improve and maintain peak physical fitness.
With every gym membership, you get a free 60 minute one-to-one session with trained instructors which includes:
- A personalised gym programme tailored to your own fitness goals;
- A full demonstration of exercise and techniques, and guidance on resistance machines;
- Information and advice on nutrition;
- A 60 minute review session every 6-8 weeks to re-evaluate and re-customise a new programme to avoid plateaus.
President - Patricija Fila (email@example.com)