The core function of Education Board is to make decisions on education-related issues, defined similarly to the Faculty Vice Presidents’ remits, which includes but is not limited to the academic experience, assessment and feedback, learning and teaching, libraries and academic services, IT provision, online learning, quality enhancement, research support and employability. Education Board will consider all policies passed in Student Council relating to these or any other education issues.
The Education Board can discuss issues, lobby the university and pass policies.
The Board usually meets 4 times per year, and the next meeting is on TBC. The meeting will take place online. If you would like to attend a meeting of the Education Board, you can contact the Chair.
Raise an issue
If you’re a student in S&E and you have an issue you would like the Board to consider, you can submit a motion to the Board. Please use this form to submit your motion. The Students’ Union Representation and Democracy Team can provide guidance if you are unsure how to write your motion. Please contact the team on firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a question or need guidance.
The Education Board is co-chaired by the Vice President Science and Engineering, Vice President Barts and the London, and the Vice President Humanities and Social Sciences.
The members are:
- Vice President Barts and the London – Co-Chair
- Vice President Humanities and Social Sciences – Co-Chair
- Vice President Science and Engineering – Co-Chair
- Allied Course Representative
- Gozo Representative
- Postgraduate Research Representative (BL)
- Postgraduate Research Representative (HSS)
- Postgraduate Research Representative (S&E)
- Postgraduate Taught Representative (BL)
- Postgraduate Taught Representative (HSS)
- Postgraduate Taught Representative (S&E)
- School of Biological & Chemical Sciences Representative
- School of Business & Management Representative
- School of Economics & Finance Representative
- School of Electronic Engineering & Computer Sciences Representative
- School of Engineering & Material Sciences Representative
- School of English & Drama Representative
- School of Geography Representative
- School of History Representative
- School of Languages, Linguistics & Film Representative
- School of Law Representative
- School of Mathematical Sciences Representative
- School of Medical and Dental Sciences (Dental) Representative
- School of Medical and Dental Sciences Clinical (Medicine) Representative
- School of Medical and Dental Sciences Pre-Clinical (Medicine) Representative
- School of Physics & Astronomy Representative
- School of Politics and International Relations Representative
All of the members of the Education Board are current students that have been elected to represent students.
The Education Board is also attended by the Board’s Secretary, who minutes the meeting and helps with the operation of the meeting.
If you would like to attend a meeting of the Education Board, you can contact the Chair. Please note that only members of the Board are allowed to vote in the meetings.
The Board meetings are formal meetings that follow an agenda, and the Secretary takes minutes of the meetings. The agendas will be published five working days before the meeting, and minutes will be published after they have been ratified.