Moving out and looking to give your unwanted items a new home? Donate to the Reuse Scheme!
What is Reuse?
Reuse is a program run by the University and Students' Union to donate your unwanted stuff during end of term move out, which will then be given to other students at the beginning of next term.
Last term we collected 500 kg worth of stuff. All the items collected were given, free of charge, to new students at the beginning of the academic year, helping them financially and easing their transition into university!
By donating your unwanted items to Reuse, you are saving perfectly usable stuff from ending up in landfill. Your items will be given a new life, reducing waste and the University’s carbon footprint.
What will be collected?
- Clean crockery and kitchenware
- Clean bedding and towels
- Other useful items (i.e. clothing hangers)
- Unopened, non-perishable food (taken to Bow Foodbank)
- Toiletries (full & part bottles)
- Cleaning products
Please ensure all items are clean prior to donation.
Drop Off Location & Times
Students' Union Reception, Mile End Campus –
- Weekdays Only- Tuesday 3rd May- Wednesday 1st June (9am-9pm)
(Donations will not be accepted outside these times)
What will NOT be collected?
- Clothes, Shoes
- If you have any unwanted clothes, shoes or other accessories, please place them in the British Heart Foundation donation banks in the following locations:
- Near the Lock Keepers Cottage
- Between Maynard House and Varey House
- Between Beaumont Court and Creed Court
- If you have any unwanted books, please drop them off at our Better World Book donation boxes located at:
- Mile End library
- West Smithfield library
- Whitechapel library
- Perishable foods, open non-perishable foods
- Please donate them to other residents who might be staying a bit longer or, ultimately, dispose them in the general waste bin
If you have any questions, please contact the Students’ Union on email@example.com