What is Enactus?
Enactus is an international non-profit organisation, formed up of 70.000 students spread across 36 countries, who work on 5.000 projects and impact the lives of 2.000.000 people.
It allows university students to set up Enactus societies on their campuses, and use entrepreneurial action to reach the UN’s 17 Sustainable Development Goals, through projects they invent and develop themselves, just like socio-environmentally sustainable start-ups.
Then, Enactus societies face one another in regional, national, and international competitions to show off their work, with judges faced with the question: “Which Enactus team most effectively demonstrated entrepreneurial leadership to drive business and innovation for sustainable positive impact to benefit people, planet and prosperity within the last year?”
Along the way, student members are supported by an enormous network of businesspeople, consultants, academics, alumni, as well as the Enactus UK and Global staff, so that they and their projects can reach their highest potential.
What is Enactus QM?
We are guided in everything we do by our Mission statement: “Responding to social and environmental needs through commercially viable and comprehensive solutions, powered by diversity of expertise and strength of partnerships.” or more briefly "Responding to social needs. Creating commercial solutions. Building memberships and partnerships.”
As the Queen Mary University of London branch of Enactus, we have started and advanced a number of impressive projects over the last few years, which even lead us to win the Rookie League Cup at the 2019 National competition.
As of now, we are working on CommonSans, our project which aims to tackle plastic waste through waste-free and plastic-free grocery deliveries. We are also looking to create a new project this year, which will leave room for plenty of innovation and freedom.
Why should you get involved?
There are countless reasons which students should get involved with Enactus, and some of them include:
- Being part of an exciting socio-environmental start-up project, and having a tangible positive impact on the lives of people in your community and beyond
- Gaining experience in entrepreneurship, business, teamwork, leadership, presentation, human resources, finances, marketing, events, and much more…
- Having access to a huge network of business contacts (we very frequently work with people from Enterprise, Deloitte, EY, and many other recruiters interested in Enactus students)
- Attending and benefiting from all of our exciting events, including training events (from Enactus UK and from Enactus QM) as well as the incredible Enactus competitions
- Meeting like-minded people for the full university experience, enjoying social events and making friends for life, feeling part of a bigger national and international community
Who are we looking for?
On the side of our projects, we are looking for a Project Leader for CommonSans, who will take over and develop the project, and a Project Leader for our new project, to be in charge of the creation and growth of a new concept. We will also need as many Project Members as possible to take part in either of these projects, and a Competitions executive to take us far when the competitions come around.
On the committee side, we have a number of roles open. We need a Corporate Relations VP who will be in charge of all our links with partner business, a Finances VP to take care of our budget, a Communications/Marketing VP to show us off in real life and on social media especially, as well as an Events VP to plan out our physical and online events.
How can you get involved?
We would be extremely happy for you to join us in the Enactus adventure!
Please click the following link to find our website and social media platforms. You'll also find a sign-up form to register your interest in joining us, and a sign-up form to receive our monthly newsletter. https://linktr.ee/EnactusQM
You are very welcome to attend one of our meetings or have a chat with one of our committee members. We look forward to hearing from you at firstname.lastname@example.org.