We provide instruction in Waltz, Quickstep, Cha cha, Jive and Rumba. We range from beginner sessions to intermediate.
We take our dancers from the practice floor to social dance events to COMPETITIONS!
Practice take place every week in Qmotion.
Wednesday 7:30pm-9:30pm = advanced/intermediate class
Thursday 7:30pm-9:30pm = beginners class
No pre requisite. Preferably shoes without rubber soles otherwise a nice pair of socks.
All are welcome. No experience necessary. If classes are full we will opt for students who wish to compete.
They will attend class once to twice a week depending on lesson arrangement.
We will do our best to accommodate as many people as possible via lesson arrangements.
We are invited to compete in various competitions around the country hosted by other IVDA member universities, these include:
- Warwick Annual Ballroom and Latin competition (Birmingham, November)
- Bath Annual Ballroom and Latin competition (Bath, December)
- Southern University Dancing Competition (new host elected each year, February)
- Inter Varsity Dancing Competition (Blackpool, March)
- Bristol Friendly (Bristol, March)
How to get involved
- Join the Facebook group and get in contact with the club committee members.
- Attend the taster session - this first session is free!
- Purchase your subs - at the Hub (Mile End), BLSA reception (Whitechapel) or online.
- Enjoy! Take part in the sessions, and compete in the matches.
Feel free to turn up to any class throughout the year, it’s always nice to see new faces. We’ve had beginners dance for us at competitions after only a few weeks. With us anything is possible!
QMSU offers a gym on the Mile End campus, Qmotion, as well as a sister-gym in Charterhouse Square, Fitness to Practice, both with competitive student membership rates. This is ideal for students who want to purchase a gym membership - which is separate from a Club Sport subs - to improve and maintain peak physical fitness.
With every gym membership, you get a free 60 minute one-to-one session with trained instructors which includes:
- A personalised gym programme tailored to your own fitness goals;
- A full demonstration of exercise and techniques, and guidance on resistance machines;
- Information and advice on nutrition;
- A 60 minute review session every 6-8 weeks to re-evaluate and re-customise a new programme to avoid plateaus.
President - Mo Phillips (firstname.lastname@example.org)