Breakdancing or Bboying began as a style of street dance originating in New York in the 1970s, now spreading worldwide as a competitive form of dance. Formed in 2014, QMBL Breakdance offers a unique combination of creativity and athleticism which challenges and inspires others.
Training sessions will involve conditioning and footwork as well as technical theory.
Go Hard or Go Home (GHGH)
QMSU also offers Get Active Brekdancing sessions for just £2.30 per session and open to all abilities. It's a fun, social, turn up and play programme, visit the Get Active site for more information.
QMSU offers a gym on the Mile End campus, Qmotion, as well as a sister-gym in Charterhouse Square, Fitness to Practice, both with competitive student membership rates. This is ideal for students who want to purchase a gym membership - which is separate from a Club Sport subs - to improve and maintain peak physical fitness.
With every gym membership, you get a free 60 minute one-to-one session with trained instructors which includes:
- A personalised gym programme tailored to your own fitness goals;
- A full demonstration of exercise and techniques, and guidance on resistance machines;
- Information and advice on nutrition;
- A 60 minute review session every 6-8 weeks to re-evaluate and re-customise a new programme to avoid plateaus.
How to get involved
- Join the Facebook group and get in contact with the club committee members.
- Attend the taster session - this first session is free!
- Purchase your subs - at the Hub (Mile End), BLSA reception (Whitechapel) or online.
- Enjoy! Take part in the sessions, and compete in the matches.
President: Kelvin Miu (email@example.com)