A highly competitive and social club aiming to balance hard work and fun through teamwork and professionalism.
Our goal is to make the team better year after year with the help of its teammates and our coach James Barry.
The objective is to maintain the same level of competition within the club and improve both in and outside the courts.
We are always looking for new and better players willing to work with us and willing to help improve the team.
We are now looking to bulster and improve both our men's and women's teams with competitive, athletic and skilled new players who are hungry for success and fun.
We currently have a flourishing social element to the club with regular drinks, events and dinners but we strive to improve. In fact this year we are integrating the Intermediate/Advanced team with the BUCS teams in order to create more social opportunities for all the teammates. Not to mention monthtly Hail Mary Events which are always loads of fun!
Taster Session/ Trials
For the competitive team (Due to the government restrictions on COVID-19, it is unclear when will training be able to resume):
- Date: TBD
- Time and Place: TBD @ Lee Valley Tennis Centre (Indoors Hard Courts)
For the social sessions (beginners and intermediate players)
- Date: TBD
- Time and Place: TBD @ Lee Valley Tennis Centre (Outdoors Hard Courts)
You will need: Tennis Racket, Suitable Shoes & Sportswear, and Student ID card
- Competitive Team: Every Sunday 15:00-17:00 @ Lee Valley Tennis Centre (Excluding Week 7: Reading Week).
- Social Team: TBD @ Lee Valley Tennis Centre (Outdoors)
NOTE: Due to COVID-19, BUCS Tennis Competitions have been postponed.
Men: BUCS League
Women: BUCS League
Match days: Wednesdays, between 1pm-7pm.
This is our beginner offering, which is done through the Get Active program in the warmer seasons.
Find out more here.
How to get Involved
- Like the Queen Mary Tennis Club 2020-2021 Facebook page and get in contact with the club committee members.
- Attend the taster session - this first session is free!
- Purchase your subs - at the Hub (Mile End), BLSA reception (Whitechapel) or online.
- Enjoy! Take part in the sessions, and compete in the matches.
- Please REGISTER HERE: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeFaoZJOSu9u9V-Bf-5xMFmTuZQ-TADXwGxtv9mQDC8lDmvog/viewform?usp=sf_link
QMSU offers a gym on the Mile End campus, Qmotion, as well as a sister-gym in Charterhouse Square, Fitness to Practice, both with competitive student membership rates. This is ideal for students who want to purchase a gym membership - which is separate from a Club Sport subs - to improve and maintain peak physical fitness.
With every gym membership, you get a free 60 minute one-to-one session with trained instructors which includes:
- A personalised gym programme tailored to your own fitness goals;
- A full demonstration of exercise and techniques, and guidance on resistance machines;
- Information and advice on nutrition;
- A 60 minute review session every 6-8 weeks to re-evaluate and re-customise a new programme to avoid plateaus.
President: Brandon Lim / email@example.com / +447943228299
Vice-President: Maximilien Clement / firstname.lastname@example.org / +447923607467
Treasurer: Alexandra Mazayeva / email@example.com