QMRA is a newly restarted society aiming to deliver a friendly group of likeminded people with whom to train and socialise – Running doesn’t have to be a solitary pursuit! We are open to all abilities offering long distance social runs and track training sessions.
Our main focus is long distance running and track events although we are working on implementing field event training. Members will have the opportunity represent Queen Mary competing against other London universities in multitude of events offered by LUCA including a cross country league and indoor/outdoor series. We also hope to organise a bunch of socials throughout the year.
Below lists a skeleton outline of training days, informal and member led training occurs throughout the week.
Monday Night 7:00-7:50 PM 5k Social Run .
Thursday Track Day [Training Membership]
- Sprinters 19:00-20:00PM
- Long Distance 18:00-19:00PM
Saturday Park Run
Sunday Gym Session [Training Membership]
- Coach lead gym session to improve you stamina and power for sprints and long distance.
Thursday sessions take place at the Mile End Stadium, if you are required to pay entry on the day 'trainng members' are able to have this cost reimbursed.
Social Membership benefits include:
- Access to all group led runs and track sessions and merger cup events.
- Entry to one trainer led track session.
- Entry to one cross country event.
- Free branded running water bottle.
- Access to all the benefits as Social Membership
- Free acsess to Mile End Stadium and coached training sessions
- Entry for all event types
- Sunday gym acess and coaching
One Week Pass
- Provides acess to all the benefits of a training membership for a one week period.
- Like the Facebook page and get in contact with the club committee members.
- Attend a session - the first session is free!
- Purchase your subs - at the Hub (Mile End), BLSA reception (Whitechapel) or online.
- Take part in the sessions and enjoy!
QMSU offers a gym on the Mile End campus, Qmotion, as well as a sister-gym in Charterhouse Square, Fitness to Practice, both with competitive student membership rates. This is ideal for students who want to purchase a gym membership - which is separate from a Club Sport subs - to improve and maintain peak physical fitness.
With every gym membership, you get a free 60 minute one-to-one session with trained instructors which includes:
- A personalised gym programme tailored to your own fitness goals;
- A full demonstration of exercise and techniques, and guidance on resistance machines;
- Information and advice on nutrition;
- A 60 minute review session every 6-8 weeks to re-evaluate and re-customise a new programme to avoid plateaus.
T-shirts & Jerseys
We are currently working on a new design options to be presented at our inaugural AGM.