QMSU is a FA Accredited centre, gaining a 2 out of 3 star recognition for 2021/22 academic year.
The QMSU 11-a-side football league is the perfect way to play competitive football in your time as a student here, without the hassle of training and travel costs. Matches last 80 minutes on a full size marked out grass pitch with netted goals, FA qualified referees, and playing equipment (balls and bibs) all included in your league fee. The league is open to males of all abilities and is the perfect place to meet like-minded people in a fun, active, and relaxed competitive setting. Games are played in Victoria Park.
The main purpose of the role will be to officiate the Wednesday social leagues, ensuring everyone has a safe and enjoyable time at the leagues. You will also help with equipment collection after the game is finished.
Previous experience in football is desirable, but QMSU Sport will put you through the FA Referee qualification and support you to develop as a referee. There will also be opportunity for additional paid referee shifts.
Main duties and responsibilities of the role:
- To support in the development of football at QMSU, enhancing the programmes on offer to widen participation and enhance student experience.
- The main purpose of the role will be to officiate the Wednesday social leagues, ensuring everyone has a safe and enjoyable time at the leagues.
- Work with Team Captains to ensure the league run smoothly each week.
- To support the Sport Development intern in overseein the Football 11-a-side leagues at Victoria park as an official
- To work with QMSU Sport to compile and report on attendance data.
- Promotion of all intramural football leagues including targeting sections of the student population to increase participation.
- Promotion of other areas of the QMSU Sporting Pathway.
- To ensure a high level of customer care and satisfaction of participants.
- To undertake such other tasks as may be necessary in order to achieve the objectives of Sport at QMUL
Candidates must be able to demonstrate their eligibility to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006
Queen Mary Students' Union is proud to be an Equal Opportunities employer and we are committed to equality of opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, class or any other dimension of diversity. Reasonable adjustments will be made at each stage of the recruitment process for any candidate with a disability. We particularly welcome applications from black and minority ethnic candidates as this group is currently under-represented within the Students’ Union.
If you are interested in this role, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org