This holiday period, the Green Mary student sustainability group are running an appeal to support the work of Bow Foodbank and calling on the wider student and staff community at Queen Mary to get involved by donating unwanted food, some spare change or their time. Sadly, the foodbank now sees 8x as many clients weekly as they did pre-COVID, many of whom have never used a foodbank before. Each week feeding over 2000 people, resulting in weekly costs of an estimated £16,000, which current funding levels will be unable to sustain into the New Year.
How to get involved
There are 3 ways you can get involved with the appeal;
- Donate any unopened, non-perishable food & toiletries to one of the drop-off points listed below between Monday 23rd Nov and Wed 9th Dec.
- Donate to the online fundraiser if you feel you are able. This could perhaps be the cost of a couple of items you would otherwise drop off.
- Volunteer at the Foodbank. The Students' Union arranges regular opportunities for students to help out. Please contact email@example.com to find out more. Staff can approach the Foodbank directly.
- QMSU Reception, Mile End & BLSA Reception, Whitechapel (11am-6pm Weekdays)
- The Curve & Village Shop, Mile End (Weekdays & Weekends)
- Residences Reception, Mile End (28/29th Nov & 5/6th Dec)
Get in Touch
If you have any questions about this campaign or would like to get involved with collecting food donations on campus or within your student/staff group please get in touch with Tom Stockton the Students' Union Sustainability Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org)