The NUS (National Union of Students) National Conference is taking place from 27th-29th March. National Conference is the sovereign policy-making body of the NUS and brings together almost a thousand delegates from students’ unions across the country to discuss, debate and vote on motions, as well as electing the political leadership of the organisation for the year ahead.
NUS delegates attend the NUS National Conference to represent Queen Mary students on the national stage and they can join the debate on NUS policy and vote on the direction of the NUS.
Queen Mary Students’ Union NUS Delegates were elected in the Autumn Elections and are:
- Danial Mohammed (view manifesto here).
- Rameesha Tiwana (view manifesto here)
- Yas Yeahia – QMSU President (view manifesto here).
- Ahmed Mahbub – QMSU VP Welfare & President-elect (view manifesto here)
- Nadia Sayed (view manifesto here)
The motions that the Students’ Union are to propose to the conference are:
- Ensure that the UK Government will commit to the continuity of the Erasmus Programme following Brexit (text here)
- Plight of the Rohingya: I thought we said never again (text here)
We’ll update you once the conference has taken place with any updates and the outcomes of our motions!