University Challenge Trials 2018
Do you think you have what it takes to represent Queen Mary on national TV favourite University Challenge? Do you want to be the next Monkman or Loveday? If so, take our online test to see if you could be part of our University Challenge team!
It doesn't matter what you study, which campus you study at or whether you're an undergraduate or postgraduate student- we want you! Those successful in their online test will be invited to a live trial on Monday 12th November in Blomeley Room 2 from 5.30pm.
This quiz will not be timed. However, if you make it through to our live selection event, you will not be able to search any of the answers, so make sure you don't cheat here!
Application tests close at 12pm on Tuesday 6th November.
You must be able to attend the following dates if your application is successful:
- Monday 12th November 5.30pm-7pm in Blomeley Room 2 - Live Trials
- Thursday 15th November 5.30-7pm - If selected, to meet other team members and submit formal application
- 11th January - 29th January (a team interview with the University Challenge team will be held during this time, you will be notified of specific dates if selected)
- Period from 22nd February-25th February 2019 inclusive (1st round)
- Period from 22nd March-24th March inclusive (2nd round)
- Period from 26th April-28th April inclusive (3rd round).
PLEASE NOTE- if you are unable to attend any of the three rounds, you will be ineligible to participate in the programme.
Both undergraduate and postgraduate students are eligible to take part, subject to following a course of study at a level equivalent to a Batchelor's Degree or higher. This includes but is not limited to:
- Bachelor's Degrees
- Graduate Certificates
- Graduate Diplomas
- Masters' Degrees
- Postgraduate Certificates
- Doctoral Degrees
If you are unsure whether you will be eligible- please contact email@example.com