Become a leader of volunteering and make a difference during your time at Queen Mary!
The responsibilies of the role includes:
- Leading groups of students at various volunteering events, including cooking breakfast for the homeless or marshaling some of the UK's largest sporting events.
- Designing, planning, and delivering the 2023 annual Student Volunteering Week
- Promoting volunteering throughout the university during Students Union events
The commitment required for this role includes:
- Attending a 2 hour Volunteering Champion training induction
- Leading 1-2 volunteering opportunities
- Attending 2x 2 hour meetings per academic semester
The take-aways you will gain from this role includes:
- Developing and improving on leadership, communication, event planning, and time management skills
- Automatic approval for participation in the Students Union Skills Award
- A free Volunteering Champion hoodie
- Training and support throghout the year
If you have a passion for volunteering and want to make a difference during your time at university, this role is definitely for you!
To apply to become a Volunteering Champion, fill out the application form via this link: Application Form
All shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview to take place on Monday the 29th of August.
Successful candidtes will be required to attend a Volunteering Champion training session on Tuesday the 27th of September from 5 pm - 7 pm.
If you have any related enqiries, please get in touch at: email@example.com
The deadline for applications is on Thursday the 25th of August at 1pm, so get applying ASAP!