Our Students' Union Student Media Training & Development programme offers an extensive range of training and development opportunities throughout the year. All our sessions are free to participate in and are ideal for those involved in Student Media, studying Media-related courses or simply for those looking to develop their knowledge and skills. For some people our training is simply a fun, enjoyable opportunity in itself! You can book onto our featured training sessions online. If you have a question get in touch with us at email@example.com.
Duties of Principle Officers
Student Media Outlets must have, as a minimum, an elected Managing Editor (or equivalent) and Deputy Managing Editor (or equivalent). To see the role descriptions of each click here.
Training Schedule for 2019-20:
|All training now complete for 2019-20
Past Student Media Training & Development programme included:
- Insight into Media Law, Libel and Defamation Course delivered by David Banks, one of the UK’s leading Media Law trainers and consultants
- InDesign Training for Beginners
- Interview Skills for Journalists run by the Press Association
- An Introduction into PR at QMUL
- Media Masterclasses including freelancing, fashion media, broadcast journalism, regional reporting and many more!