Our QMSU Student Media Training & Development programme offers an extensive range of training and development opportunities throughout the year. All our sessions are free to participate in and are ideal for those involved in Student Media, studying Media-related courses or simply for those looking to develop their knowledge and skills. For some people our training is simply a fun, enjoyable opportunity in itself! You can book onto our featured training sessions online. If you have a question get in touch with us at -firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are no current training sessions scheduled in the calendar at this moment.
More information to follow soon.
Our 2016-17 Student Media Training & Development programme is well underway and has included:
- Insight into Media Law, Libel and Defamation Course delivered by David Banks, one of the UK’s leading Media Law trainers and consultants
- InDesign Trainining for Beginners
- Interview Skills for Journalists run by the Press Association
- An Introduction into PR at QMUL
We also ran the Student Media Conference in December, where we had a number of journalists deliver a programme of talks and workshops to help equip students with the knowledge and expertise on getting a career in the media industry. Sessions included:
- Transitioning from Permanent to Freelance
- How to Get into Radio
- Completing an MA in Journalism
- An Insight into Getting into the Media Industry
- Q&A Panel Discussion
You can find the full programme and list of speakers that attended here.