What is it?
The Queen Mary (QM) Skills Award helps you recognise the skills you have developed through your dedication to the Students' Union. It equips you with further employability skills and enables you to articulate them to employers.
What are the benefits?
The QM Skills Award will help you to:
- Recognise your skills: The University and Students' Union endorse QM Skills Award holders for their employability skills
- Strengthen your skills: You will get access to the QM Skills Award training calendar to further develop your work-ready skills
- Market your skills: You will get support to transcribe the skills you have developed for future job applications and interviews
Who can take part?
You can take part in the award if you are volunteering and/or undertaking the following roles WITHIN the Students’ Union during 2018-19 (September 2018- March 2019):
Activity Leader Roles:
- Society committee roles
- Club Sport committee roles
- RAG Committee roles
- Media Outlet Editors and Section Heads
- Community Sport coaching
- Buddy Mentors
- Campaigners (including Energy Ambassadors)
- Students' Union Crew and Help Squad
- Community Volunteering
- Course Representative
- Part-Time elected Officers
- Hall Representatives
- Student Trustees
Union Student Staff:
- Bars (Drapers Bar & Kitchen, Griff Inn)
- Cafes (Ground Cafe, The Shield, Learning Cafe)
- Students' Union Internships
- Retail (Union Shop, Village Shop)
- Receptions (Students' Union Hub, BLSA)
- Get Active activator
- Sport and Fitness Team (Qmotion, Fitness to Practice, Sports Camps)
If you are undertaking another role WITHIN the Students’ Union and you are unsure if you qualify for the award, please contact us at email@example.com
How can I take part?
- Register by completing the short survey -link below.
- Attend 3 Skills Award training sessions - link below
- Complete reflective exercises
QM Skills Award Links