Sex work encompasses things like webcamming, pornography, selling sex, selling phone sex, being a sugar baby, stripping and erotic dancing. We as a Students’ Union recognise that some students will decide to engage in sex work. If you decide to do this, here are some services, websites and organisations that can offer you help and advice.

Ambrose King Centre

The Ambrose King Centre is a sexual health clinic and offers sexual healthcare to sex workers. It is located at the Royal London Hospital and offers drop-in and pre-bookable appointments. You can find more information about sexual health services available locally here. You can find a map of sexual health clinics across London here.

Ambrose King Centre
The Royal London Hospital
Mount Terrace
London E1 2BB
020 7377 7306

Click here
National Ugly Mugs

National Ugly Mugs aims to provide greater access to justice and protection for sex workers who may be targeted by dangerous individuals but are often reluctant to report incidents to the Police. You can sign up for free to receive alerts about individuals who may be a threat or to report individuals who may be a threat to others. They also offer a number checker and email checker to help you screen clients.

Click here
NHS Open Doors

A free and confidential advice service in East London for people working in the sex industry.

Click here
Beyond Support

A free call back service for women involved in selling sex who want to explore possible alternatives. Once you have left a voicemail/email, they will return the call. Support via email is also available. Call 0800 1337870.

Click here
English Collective of Prostitutes

A self-help group of sex workers working both on the streets and indoors. They have been campaigning for decriminalisation and safety since 1975.

Click here
Sex Worker Advocacy and Resistance Movement (SWARM)

SWARM is a collective founded and led by sex workers who believe in self-determination, solidarity and cooperation.

Click here

Recent News

Currently no news

Contact Us

Student Voice

Contact the Student Voice team at your Students’ Union with any questions you may have.