Course Rep of the Month
Course Rep of the Month is our scheme designed to recognise and reward the hard work that our amazing Course Reps do! The scheme has changed this year so that each month we will award the Course Rep of the Month title to a Rep from each faculty (Science and Engineering, Humanities and Social Sciences, School of Medicine and Dentistry). All students, Course Reps and members of staff can submit nominations through the QMSU website; reps can also nominate themselves. The award will be given to the Course Rep that best fits the defined criteria:
Do you go above and beyond as a Course Rep or know a Course Rep who does? Do you fulfil any of the below criteria? Nominate for the Course Rep of the Month!
- Evidence of being proactive and taking initiative
- Evidence of collecting and representing the opinions of all or majority of students that they represent
- Evidence of taking measures to tackle the issues raised by their peers, and proposing changes and action points while providing feedback
- Evidence of using negotiation and persuasion techniques effectively and researching the issue and possible avenues for resolving it (5Rs of Representation in action)
- Evidence of working collaboratively with other reps, faculty reps, Education Coordinator and VP Education, and other relevant members of staff within the university and the SU
- Evidence of championing the SU values and raising awareness of current campaigns or events
- Evidence of engaging with/attending SSLCs
To see the winners from last year, click here.
Course Rep Contribution Awards
All Course Reps will be eligible to receive a Course Rep Contribution Award at the end of each academic year. To be eligible, course reps must meet the criteria listed below:
- Attend the Students’ Union training in Semester 1
- Attend at least one SSLC within their School per semester
- Attend at least one School Forum per semester
If a course rep has held a position for more than one year they will be eligible for a Senior Course Rep Contribution Award (same criteria applies).
If you can't attend an SSLC or a School Forum within the semester, please get in touch with us with your reason and we will get back to you. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All Course Reps who are eligible for the Course Rep Contribution Award will be invited to the Education Awards ceremony in Semester 2 where they receive a certificate to recognise their contribution. Invitations will be on a first come first serve basis.